Heresy decorator project for a friend

bliss53

Now I know who I am bringing my Klipsch restoration projects too! Very nice work. My center La Scala needs sprucing up it's not in very bad shape just needs a general sanding and oil to match the KDBR mains. There is a guy in Champlain that has a single La Scala that was adorned like my outhouse Klipschorn's that I am certain he hasn't sold. He also has a JBL C-40 Harkness with the metal legs that would make a fantastic center. His business is Roger's Service Station gas and alot of other crap. He has a website called Roger's Borderwalk or something like that. I bought my Klipschorn's from him.

I see a pair of KG4's on the local Craigslist but the guy is on crack because he is asking like $450 for them.

There was also a guy selling an entire Klipsch system with a Sony receiver with KG 2.5's, KSC 1.1 some KSB 1.1's and Klipsch sub for $200 but the ad just expired. It was in Shelburne, VT

There was a pair of Heresy Decorator's in Plattsburgh, NY recently but the asking price was too high at like $550.

I may be moving to the green mountain state some time after June. My wife has applied for a job in Burlington and she has a good chance at it. If you can't wait to get your speakers in shape bring them down to southern NH and we can give them a once over. See the cornscala in the background of the last picture. Those got some chip repair and a sanding. They are waiting for oil finish, wax, gothover mid horns and gothover networks.

All done. Three coats of teak oil and a couple of coats of wax. This teak had a very course grain and it was very oily. The cutting required a slow and careful motion to limit tearout. The bare wood required a rub down with turpentine before sanding. I slurried the last oil coat and it did a nice job of filling the grain. The slurry involved the use of a synthetic 3m wool pad to rub out the last coat of oil, then wipe off the excess.

Noah,

Some small flaws that you will see if you look close but they look good. I was so happy to fnally get these done that I forgot about the risers. I should be able to build some. Were there different slants or should I match the pair I have? What nights are you home this week so I can drop them off?