"tower type" klipsch for HT

jpmgumdoc

I'm a long time Klipsh fan but have only heard and collected heritage speakers. Have cornwalls, forte II and heresy for my main HT. I'm setting up another system in a smaller room and space dictates mains that are fairly narrow. I'm fine with buying used and would like to stay in the $500-$700 range. I see KLF 20 and 30, RF5 and 7 and other "tower type" speakers here and on ebay. Also, will likely need to go with in wall speakers for rear. Would appreciate any suggestions on combination of speakers.

Yeah, KLF 30's would be nice.....

If you wanted even smaller, I'd go KG 2.5s in front, 1.5s in back and a KG 2.5 center......

I have heard this setup. While it will not equal your other setup, you will still be satified......

These (2.5s) can be had for around $200 a pair on ebay, and 1.5s around $125....... You could easily stay between $500-$700 for the whole system minus the sub........

My .02....... Good Luck.

Let us know what you wind up getting.....

If you do not go KLF or RF 7 route, I suggest the KG line, too. The KG 2.5s would do well as stated above. But if you have the space, the KG 3.5, 4.5, or 5.5 would be great fronts in an HT setup. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) a KV-3 or KV-4 would be an appropriate center channel for the KG towers.

Good luck in your search!

If the RF-5s are too large, you may be looking at the KG 3.5s, as they are 8" shorter. I'm assuming 'too large' means the height. Most KG floorstanding will be wider than the RF series, except for the extremes (RF7 vs KG 3.5).

Say you purchase a used pair in the KG line and like them......sounds like you'll still be wondering about the KLF 20/30s. [:|]

I did not realize how tall the RF 5/7 speakers are. The speaker width is actually the biggest issue which is why I did not originally look at the KG series. The width of the RF5/7 is better but they are really tall and somewhat more expensive than I wanted. Your right, I've got an itch that needs to be scratched with the KLF series even if they are not exactly what I need for this setup. Can always use another set of Klipsch, right?

The KGs won't give the midrange you've been used to with your Heresys, Forte IIs, and Cornwalls. Maybe that's a good thing - one reason to have a different stereo/HT in the other room.

The KLFs will be closer to the Heritage sound. Not saying they are close to begin with. You know what I mean.

Have you thought of bookshelf models RB-75, RB-5, RB-81? Height could then be adjustable, depending on what stands you get.

Edit: oops, just reread "Tower Type" in the subject. oh well [:$]