Pioneer VSX-1019AH-k with XB-10 & XL-23 center

dharris

Have you bought this receiver yet? I am interested in the same receiver but have to wait a while to get it (unless i see a great price on it of course). This receiver is really the best choice you could get for your speakers. If you ever upgraded the receiver has preouts and you could attach a power amp to drive your fronts. If you purchase this receiver tell me how you like it.

Have you bought this receiver yet? I am interested in the same receiver but have to wait a while to get it (unless i see a great price on it of course). This receiver is really the best choice you could get for your speakers. If you ever upgraded the receiver has preouts and you could attach a power amp to drive your fronts. If you purchase this receiver tell me how you like it.

the 1019AH-K DOES NOT have preouts. you have to step up to the Elite line to get preouts, such as the VSX-21/23

yes, i agreed. the 1019ah is a fine receiver, but its selling price is still too high for its class. the denon 1910 is another fine choice that's been selling for under $400 at several authorized retailers. the 1910 should give the 1019ah a good run for its money.

for around the $500 mark. you should get the Elite VSX-23TXH for roughly $70-80 more

also look at the Denon 890/2310 for around $550 at some authorized sellers.

and also the Onkyo 707 that was already mentioned.

dharris,

Have you ever thought about going used? I just got an Integra 6.9 from a guy on Audiogon for less than $500, shipping and all! $482 (no tax is a nice bonus on a $500 item, in Oklahoma it saves me about 40 bucks!!) to be exact. The 6.9 is a couple years old, but still has everything I could want or need in a receiver right now (HDMI 1.3, TrueHD, DTS-MA, pre-outs, etc.). It is a little under-powered at 100w/ch, but the pre-outs leave me room down the road to ad an amp (Emotiva XPA-3!!). Don't be scared of the "used" market, there is great value out there, you just have to do your research. Good luck on whatever you do!

Jrod

Thanks smokarz! It arrived last night in mint condition, getting it tweeked the way I want it today. I watched a little Dark Knight on the True-HD last night (like 5 minutes), all I can say is WOW. I was one of those people who has been skeptical of the HD audio formats (True-HD, DTS-MA), I have to eat my words, it is pretty impressive.

Jrod

Not putting down the sound quality of the VSX-1019AH-K, but it felt really cheaply made. This is a big thing for me when buying anything of value. I ended up buying after listening to the Onkyo TX-SR-607 with my speakers. Clean sound with plenty of power, connections and looks really nice.

• 1 month later...

I am running the full icon xf48 setup (L:xf48 C:xl23 R: xf48 surrounds: [4]xb-10) and the hardest part was finding a good reciever. I actuall bit the bullet with not having pre outs and just ran the speaker line in. I can't complain I'm very very satisfied with it. And upgrades as in pre amps are very un necessary for such a sensitive setup. Listening at reference levels, 0.0 is just asking for my ears to bleed. Plus the sub pre out are all that is really needed. Which I'm using the xw-500d.

Rocks my socks I'll tell you that :)

O btw before anyone gripes about the xf-48 having the option to run through the pre outs yes it does and it works great but it sounds a closer matched when it's ran through the speaker line in since he rest of the speakers are non powered.