TT upgrade

gartenman

An extremely large step up for a $400.00 diference! Mark, I just sent my check for a brand new Well Tempered Amadeus GT with Dynavector 20XLBig Smile I'm sure once I get it in, set up and rolling a full detailed thread will followSurprise

I've heard nothing but greatness about the Amadeus GT. Let us know how the golf ball sounds :)

I've enjoyed the Sonata on a Well tempered - great midrange! Nice to hear the Master is a big step up. How did you get the Grado's to fit on the Thorens? I know the TD-160 Mk1 does not allow top mounting cartridges like the Grado.

Mark

OL1 tonearm... check out http://www.tonearm.co.uk/tonearm.htm

I have the Silver arm. This is an awesome arm that can compete with arms 5 times its price. It had every upgrade possible done to it.

Wow, that is a good looking table. The Well-Tempered Classic was part of my most ambitious system, and could produce enough bass to flap your pant legs. I notice a couple differences from the Well-tempered classic: motor attached to the plinth, more solid looking arm attachment, and a mat with no clamp. Does it have the floppy main bearing?

Will do Nu2, I expect it to arrive by Saturday[:D]

THX Gartenman, I'm hoping it lives up to the WT reputation myself[:o]

Yes Mark, not only does it still have the floppy bearing but Mr. Firebaugh has gone and made the nylon bushing in this housing triangular now instead of square like the older models, I believe the design is to have less suface area for friction while rotating. Directions say to aim one point of the nylon bushing towards the arm well/pod, once you drop the spindle down into the hole the platter can tip in the opposite direction until the belt is applied[;)]

I'm sure I'll be posting as soon as I have her up and running in the analog treehouse[:o]

post-18681-13819540981748_thumb.jpg

post-18681-1381956828804_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819569391044_thumb.jpg