Anyone want my place in line for Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what?! you guys haven't heard or seen the new "transparent" sound mod? i couldn't be the only one. you should hear them now! it's almost like they are not turned on! no distortion what so ever! best mod i have ever done! for the low low price of $10,000 per speaker, i can do it for you! LMAO!

i am doing my crossovers myself, again. i did my last pair of speakers too. this time i am going all out and redoing almost the entire speaker. i am also going to do all of my RS-42's. i know i am crazy, but i can't help myself. i'll have to take pics and show what i did, i hope there is a difference when i am done. the only issue i will have is, once i am done i will have a different set up so, i can't do a straight A/B test.

i asked falcon to bring over his bright and shinny RF-7 (NIB) so at least i can compare the crossover change. we already did one round of that with my old upgraded crossovers, this time i am going to try and improve my bass and transition points.

Well, the new and improved UMC-1 FW hit the streets today. After brief review of the success achieved there is disappointment from the users. Disclaimer as before, I don't have one, never seen one but not wanting one at this point. I wish them luck though, they are some hard core Emo owners.

OK, its official. I'm not going to get the UMC-1.

I'm willing to let my place in line go. The check I just wrote my son's orthodontist chewed up enough money to buy many UMC-1s! So I'll be on the sidelines for a while. I was told by someone at Emo that after the preorders are fulfilled they are going to raise the price by $100 so by doing this even with the paypal charges and shipping from you to me you'll still save money and get your UMC-1 sooner!

If you paypal me $699 (UMC-1) + $20 (shipping to me) + $22 (estimated paypal costs)= $741 I'll order the UMC-1. When I get it I'll let you know the cost to ship it to you. I'll send you a money request via paypal. After I receive the UMC-1 I'll send another paypal money request for the amount of shipping from me to you and whatever paypal charges are left. I'm not trying to make money on this, just don't want to lose any either!

If anyone wants it PM me and we can work out the details.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Your UMC will be shipping shortly! All the units have been installed with latest firmware ( V6.02.11) and have been tested at the factory. In this version we have defined and resolved known issues, but testing is ongoing. I think you will be pleased with performance of the latest firmware; however, this is not the final code.

If you are ready for your unit to ship, please call in with a credit card to complete the order. Should you decide to wait, we completely understand and will be happy to hold your unit until the code is complete. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail.

Janna Riggs

Emotiva Audio Corporation
131 Southeast Parkway Court | Franklin, TN 37064
615-790-6754 | www.emotiva.com

emo.logo

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

i just ordered it! been waiting well over a month! system is still like in the last pics i posted here!

now the other issue. they had B stock xpa-3's but now when my order is readay they are all out! now i need one of those! anyone willing to part with theirs? lol

it's on it's way! it's on it's way! it's on it's way! it's on it's way!

they are shipping it this week! YEAH! (best "lil John's voice") unfortunately it will take me some time before i can actually push the power button. i have to redo all my power cables, hdmi cables, rca cables, and X-overs. lots of decisions to make and parts to order!

Fish, what processor did you have before the UMC-1? i ask because i made Gold power cables to help relax my onkyo. it was a little bright and matched with 7's, it was a bit much. i am curious what the final sound is like. if it's warm, bright, neutral, ?

i may just make a nice warm cable with a bright connector. gives a good balance of highs with a touch of warmth.

i know this isn't the exact place to post this, but i am. lol.

anyways, unpacked them tonight. this pic looks a whole lot better than the last one. i am going to have my hands full doing the wiring on this again. everything is changed. if you have a keen eye you will see just about eveything is moved. btw, the xpa-3 was a B stock item, looks perfect, i would say someone bought one and returned it. not a flaw on it. very happy!

if someone is looking at the pic and thinks the emo gear doesn't look right, thats because i removed the aluminum pieces. i didn't like the added "silver" to all black. i also didn't want to spend the extra $60 to get the black ones from emo. i also didn't want to paint the orginals, so i simply took them off. i like the look better. i know, i know, i know, i need to dust. i will, just not tonight.....lol.

post-23806-1381958372468_thumb.jpg

Still enjoying that "transparent" sound I see David, congrats.

A couple of days ago I received the invitation to buy my preorder UMC-1 that someone can have if we can figure out how to make the swap.