Anyone want my place in line for Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

I've decided that I'm not going to buy a Emotiva UMC-1 so I wanted to see if anyone here on the forum would like mine? I expect them to email any day asking for my credit card info since I'm part of the next shipment which they should be receiving in soon.

I'm not looking to make anything extra off of this, just passing my opportunity on to another forum member. I'm not sure how it would have to be done. Give Emotiva your address in place of mine? I was thinking I could say I'm broke but my dear friend Mr. X is helping me by putting it on his credit card. I could just pay for it if the person is willing to Paypal me the total plus 3% to cover Paypal's fee prior to me paying Emo.

Let me know if anyone is interested and we can go from there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know how that would work but after Carbon Summit someone could have my place as well. I got my first notice and expect the final in a couple of weeks but who really knows.

What changed your mind?

For me it was the law of diminishing returns. I have no doubt the UMC-1 will give me some improved SQ but not sure if it would be enough SQ improvement to move my 663 out of the mix. I am also curious about the improved PQ on my SD Dish Network picture from my 625 DVR receiver. I know I should just get an HD receiver but I don't want to redo my contract and I really don't watch much TV!

I was told by someone at Emo when I called last week about how long until I got my UMC-1 that they thought the price would go up at least $100 after the preorder lists are done. So thats got me thinking I could just buy it, try it and sell it if I'm not thrilled and not be out the return shipping to Emo I would have to pay if I did the 30 day trial.

What changed your mind?

Since I moved here and lost my dedicated HT room, I just can't see changing anything now, the room just plain sux and I am not likely to get a new house for about a year and a half. My trusty Denon AVR 4306 is chugging along so I decided to spend the bucks on some two channel mods coming next week.

• Moderators

I know I should just get an HD receiver but I don't want to redo my contract and I really don't watch much TV!

I'm with ya there. The only "TV" we have in the house is a small TV/DVD combo in the bedroom that my wife uses for exercise videos. I have rabbit ears and a digital to analog converter box in the Theater Room. We watch 1 show a week and once it's over, we don't watch any other tv shows the rest of the year so to us, rabbit ears is working just fine.

• Moderators

I know I should just get an HD receiver but I don't want to redo my contract and I really don't watch much TV!

I'm with ya there. The only "TV" we have in the house is a small TV/DVD combo in the bedroom that my wife uses for exercise videos. I have rabbit ears and a digital to analog converter box in the Theater Room. We watch 1 show a week and once it's over, we don't watch any other tv shows the rest of the year so to us, rabbit ears is working just fine.

To each their own.......this unit is clearly not for everyone.The UMC is the best sounding prepro(avrs need not apply)that has ever been in my house.It trounces the $1-3k prepros I've owned that never really satisfied.After at least 10 years searching for a digital prepro that actually makes music like my old analog sets from the days of old,I found it.

What's heaven to some may not be right for others,we all have to find our own,good luck.

i wouldn't mind taking someone's spot! i even have the money right now, in my grubby hands! lol how does that work? do you order it with my name? i sold my Onkyo, no looking back now! (evil laugh from any movie....lol)

PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME! OH, PLEASE SOMEONE, PICK ME! LOL!

To each their own.......this unit is clearly not for everyone.The UMC is the best sounding prepro(avrs need not apply)that has ever been in my house.It trounces the $1-3k prepros I've owned that never really satisfied.After at least 10 years searching for a digital prepro that actually makes music like my old analog sets from the days of old,I found it.

What's heaven to some may not be right for others,we all have to find our own,good luck.

You're probably right that the UMC-1 is a great pre/pro and like I said before it will probably be better than what I've got now. I go back and forth about getting it and I know the answer in the end is to just get it and try it for myself and then decide if its worth it to me. Since Emo is going to raise the price I shouldn't lose money on the deal if I change my mind and sell it later which makes it even more tempting to try it. But at the moment ignorance is bliss and I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

really youth, you only watch 1 show a year? wow! what do you watch? movies? is it a time issue or you guys read a lot? is it the youth minister job? i forgot if you still do that. either way, i have to say that's amazing. most people veg out all day long. me personally i work nights so the only tv i get to watch is what i record. it's nice not having the commercials, but i have my few key shows i like.

I really wish I had my basement back, I would go ahead with the UMC / XMA combo. Just doesn't make much sense now that the HT sounds like someone yelling out over 'echo valley'.

As it is, I decided to go another direction and spend the bucks from the pre-pro and amps on my two channel rig. Also, quite frankly, I was getting a little concerned over real / perceived / non issues reported over there. I get to play with my stuff but momma and the kids need an easy system to watch TV. Perhaps there is nothing to the "firmware" issues reported but without a separate room to play in I have to fold.

I sincerely hope yours works out and wish I had the luxury to give it a whirl.

• Moderators

really youth, you only watch 1 show a year?

Really. Our kids like watching American Idol, my wife doesn't even watch that and I only watch it when they get down to the finals because that's where the real talent is. We mostly use the HT for movies and games (Rock Band etc). We do stay quite busy with 4 kids, youth ministry, church activities and kids basketball, web design etc. We used to have a 32" tv and entertainment center in the living room but we NEVER used it so we sold it.

I guess it's just a choice. There really isn't anything that we "have" to watch. A lot of it is junk anyways. As you can tell from my time in the forums, I guess my "TV" is the computer.

Now back to your regular scheduled program.....

• Moderators

That was hillarious! Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. We wouldn't want you to throw a temper tantrum if you can't get one. [:'(]

That was hillarious! Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. We wouldn't want you to throw a temper tantrum if you can't get one. [:'(]

In all seriousness I will give up my spot, you have to figure out how it'll work. As far as I can tell from their forum, the only way to do it would be to order and them transfer warranty to you.

well that's what i figured. with 1 kid i don't get to watch much. late at night when we are all together we watch a show or two, but that's about it. football is when i really get my tv watching time in. my wife now loves watching football and i have got my daughter hooked. she still routs for the different "colors" of the jersey, but it's a start! lol. i can say this, this must be your one vice. when you registered i had almost a thousand posts before you had 1. now you have way more than me.....lol. for us, Tv isn't usually watched during the day but more so late at night right before our daughter goes to bed. then the wife and i stay up to about midnight watching our prerecorded shows. she reads while watching tv, still don't know how she and all the other women i have ever known can do that. i tried it a few times. i either ignor the book or the tv, just can't get into both of them at the same time.

do you need me to call emotiva and set it up? if you can give me your contact info, that emotiva has, i'll call and set it up. the gesture was nice, you can just decline it and let the next person get one. either way it's cool.