Advice

Hi - I dont know if I am barking up the wrong tree here and I am not an expert so I am asking for advice. I own a pair of Chorus II and decided to keep them (love them). I really do not have a desire to have surround sound as I listen to a lot of music and though I watch movies it really doesnt seem necessary for me. Maybe I am wrong but... So what I was wondering is this I own a NAD 1700 amp and 2400 preamp/tuner. What I would like to do is replace the preamp tuner with one that is newer and can accomodate the new technology to allow IPOD hookup satellite radio etc.. Is there anything like this without having to purchase a surround sound AV receiver. If I need to replace the amp too to make this happen I may be open to that too.

Thanks,

Marc

If all you want is a simple way to hook up the pod, just use a 1/8" stereo pin to RCA jack and hook it up to the amps AUX input.

I used this method to hook up my "special lady friends" SatRad and iPod. It sounds absolutely like crap, but that is primarily due to her Fecal-Mat 100 speakers and the Smegtron 1000 that she uses for her receiver. I have a few of the cables lying around my crib and they sound reasonably decent. Not LP or CD qual by any stretch, but pretty good.

Works and is cheap and easy.

If all you want is a simple way to hook up the pod, just use a 1/8" stereo pin to RCA jack and hook it up to the amps AUX input.

I used this method to hook up my "special lady friends" SatRad and iPod. It sounds absolutely like crap, but that is primarily due to her Fecal-Mat 100 speakers and the Smegtron 1000 that she uses for her receiver. I have a few of the cables lying around my crib and they sound reasonably decent. Not LP or CD qual by any stretch, but pretty good.

Yes, this works. If you use high quality MP3s (320kbs)< the sound quality is very good..... And sounds very nice.

My .02......

Good luck.....

Yes, this works. If you use high quality MP3s (320kbs); the sound quality is very good..... And sounds very nice.

My .02......

Good luck.....

While I am ill equipped to opine on the currency of manufacture or availabiIity of them I can testify as to the sonic quality of the Fecal Mat(erial) 100s and the Smegtron.

The Fecal Mats, particularly when driven by the Smegtron afford all the ethereal listening quality of one inmate farting into his sink drain to gain the attention of a fellow con in another cell a few doors down. YES, they do both produce an audible "sound", but the experience leave one feeling somewhat violated and wishing for a long hot shower. It's not really listening, rather it's merely hearing. Hearing as in a car crash, fingersnails on a blackboard, scratching glass, bad intestinal rumblings, a wailing 2 year old on a long flight in the seat behind you, a miserable yapping lapdog, the GF phoning the wife to fill her in on your extra curriculars, a connecting rod piercing an engine block, Celiene Dion, Billy Ray Cyrus, Neil Sadaka, etc. It's just BAD and something you'd rather not hear ever.

Meanwhile, I will continue to scour Craigslist in an attempt to ameliorate the dreadful aural position that I put myself in each time I spend time at her domo.

(Good thing she's a gym rat!)

Yes, this works. If you use high quality MP3s (320kbs); the sound quality is very good..... And sounds very nice.

My .02......

Good luck.....

I do this as well from windows media player. Sounds great.