One RC-7 vs. two RB-5s for center channel

Ok guys - which one could be better in my Home Theatre in the dispersion area - 1-RB7 or 2-RB5 (able to be pivoted a little horizontally)?

Mains are currently KG 5.5 and rears are RS-3. Existing center is to be replaced - currently a KV-3. I am an audiophile but this setup is just for video ^..^

Surround receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi and it automatically sets up speakers with it's own mic for speaker efficiency, phase, room nodes, etc.

Thanks -

Chuck

KV-4 would be better. You want the front 3 speakers to blend as seamlessly as possible. Reference series speakers won't blend well with KG series.

In any event, don't use two center speakers. One speaker per discrete channel.

KV-4 would be better. You want the front 3 speakers to blend as seamlessly as possible. Reference series speakers won't blend well with KG series.

In any event, don't use two center speakers. One speaker per discrete channel.

Ok, Wuzzer, I have to agree with you 100% on trying to match up on the front 3 and in fact I like to keep the entire surround matched, but on the don't use 2 centers, I would have to disagree and have used multiple 2 center set ups with towers left and right, centers top and bottom and book shelf units side by side with some very good results. I'm currently running just a single RC7 and yes it does a great job, but not as well as when I run the RP3's or 5's on the L and R, IMHO.

......... and the Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi automatically sets up speakers with it's own mic for speaker efficiency, phase, room nodes, etc.

Will this allow me to compensate widely for the differences in efficencies and give a better center - maybe with a wider spread (one RC-7 vs. two RB-5s)?

KIA

Will this allow me to compensate widely for the differences in efficencies and give a better center - maybe with a wider spread (one RC-7 vs. two RB-5s)?

KIA

Yes it should blend your front stage (L,R, & Center) so it is seamless. I'd go with the RC-7 as well. Better to have a more efficient center than more efficient mains, IMO.

Why do you keep bumping the thread? What questions do you have that haven't been answered?

Here's a KV-4 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-CENTER-CHANNEL-SPEAKER-BOOKLET-PREOWNED_W0QQitemZ390172084159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZHome_Theater_in_a_Box?hash=item5ad81187bf

If you want the best matching center to your KG 5.5s, that is it.

If you still have questions, there's a lot of information out there about the disadvantages of using two center speakers versus one and also the disadvantages about using speakers that aren't timbre matched.

Ok guys - which one could be better in my Home Theatre in the dispersion area - 1-RB7 or 2-RB5 (able to be pivoted a little horizontally)?

I don't know what you mean by "dispersion area," but I would not use 2 RB-5s for a center channel and would consider what the others have been telling you about finding a similar model to your Mains. Good luck.