Reference Line Setup Help

Mokesvr4

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have questions about the proper setup for my home theater. I am planning on running the Yamaha RX-Z7 receiver and Reference gear and my debate starts here. This is my original plan, 2 Pairs of RF-83 (fronts and surrounds), RC-64, and a pair of RS-62 with RSW-10D. I do a bit of multi-channel music so thats why i wondered about if i should do 2 pairs of RF-83. I had talked to a dealer and he suggest that i do 2 pairs of RS-62 but i am not sure how well that would work with music on 7.1 and lastly i was thinking of Bi-Wiring the front RF-83, i was thinking of using Kimber Kable alot of people say that it sounds terrific but does drop some on the lows so i would lose some bass. So i was thinking of running Kimber for the highs and mids and maybe some Monster Cable for the lows. So any pointers on whether i should do 2-Pairs of RF-83, RC-64, and a pair of RS-62 or should i do one pair of RF-83, RC-64, and 2-pairs of RS-62.

Thanks Guys

Marcos

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Marcus. Many would suggest going with direct firing speakers for your back surrounds if you listen to more music. You would probably be better off with two pairs of RF-83's than using all RS-62's for the surrounds.

i am more a music guy and liked my matched RF-82's, I later added RB-81's for 7.1 sound, I did have rs-52's before the 81's just didn't like the way they sounded in all channel stereo when listening to music. I haved since moved to Heritage which is a different sound all together!!

and by the way don't waste you $$ on high priced wire, monoprice.com is the way to go.

also, IMHO the bi-wire made no difference to me on the 82's just more wire to hide!!

I have another great question spurring, this is a RS-52 vs RS-62 debate i believe im going to do 2 pairs of RF-83's and whT i am now debating is the sound difference between the the RS, nomrally i would just do the 62's but i work for best buy so i can get a pair of RS-52's for 60% off they will cost me about 380 for the RS-52 or should i buy the RS-62 for 990?

• Moderators

i can get a pair of RS-52's for 60% off they will cost me about 380 for the RS-52 or should i buy the RS-62 for 990?

To me, it's a no brainer....get the RS-52's. At that price, buy them, install them, try them out. If for some reason you feel that they can't pull their weight, you can EASILY sell them for that amount and then upgrade to the RS-62's. Are the RS-62's better than the RS-52's, probably so. Will you be able to hear $610.00 worth of difference....I doubt it.

OK, great thanks for the insight. Now next thing is sub i can get the RW-12d for 279.99 for working at BB, i was also looking at the RSW-10D but it would cost me 1000.00 is it worth the difference as well. If i were paying normal price for both i would just do the 10d.