HeLp! Forte/Academy/KG2.5 for HT? Good? .....

Randy --

Hey Guys ....

I'm putting together a HT. I went to a friends house and he was using Forte's which sounded good to me. So I went online and many people were suggesting using an Academy center with KG 2.5 surrounds. Is this a known good setup?

Also, having a hard time finding a TV stand that Academy will fit in; please post pictures of how you have your Academy setup.

Thanks!

Randy

Welcome to the forums Randy!

Your proposed setup sounds very, very nice. The Academy is a big and heavy center speaker and can sometimes cause problems finding an appropriate place to put it as you've realized. Hopefully others who have an Academy will give you some good advice.

• Moderators

Welcome.

Just a thought, the Academy is hard to find and almost the cost of a pair of Forte's and and about half the size or a little more, of the size than a Forte.

So don't rule out another Forte for a center after considering size and price, since your looking for something to hold a big center anyway, just give it a thought when looking, it is the best match also.

Randy,

I just finished completing my HT setup with Forte' 1's in front, Academy as a center and KG-3's as surrounds and a RW-10 sub in a 12 x 12 room.

Sounds great, I also had a hard time finding a stand, I came across a pretty good one (search for Bello - Pamari 44" TV Stand) I have a 50" Sony DLP on it. with the Acdamey in the center shelf and all my components on the lower shelf.

I have photos - I can upload later if you'd like (at work now)

Regards,

Shawn

Randy,

I'm not sure were you are located or if you have the speakers yet - there is currently a listing on e-bay for a set of Oiled Oak Forte II and an Oiled Oak Academy out of Pine Colorado, local pick-up only (no affiliation) ~$460.00

Regards,

Shawn

I've got Forte IIs front and rear and an Academy at center. I've got a pair of KG 2.5s that I've tried in the rear spot. If you don't listen to 5 channel music the 2.5s are great. If you listen to five channel music front and rear forte IIs are great.

I've put the 2.5s to the rear and used one of my rear Forte IIs as a center. It sounds good, but not enough of an improvement for me to upset the whole setup I have going. IF you can make a Forte work up front do it, but for me it just wasn't worth it.

I just purchased a pair of KSP 400s with a pair of Infinity bookshelf speakers he used for surrounds and an Acadmey he used as a center.

I've got an Academy already so I'll prbably be selling the Academy if you're looking for one. Actually I've got a pair of Forte IIs I could sell as well. I've got the KG 2.5s too, and even though I'm not using them I hate to sell them. Love those little speakers!