"Inferior" Fortes...

chuckears

Has anyone checked out the ebay auction for a pair of Forte II's (someone from BostonMA), where he describes the original Forte's as being "inferior" (supposedly, because they have the 12" passive instead of the 15" sported by the F2's)?

Man, I sure feel slighted these last 13 years... what have I been missing? I wonder if Klipsch LLC will take my trash pieces of junk original Fortes back?

OK, I'm finished cwm30.gif.

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Harman Kardon AV520 Receiver

That is called marketing.

If he had an original pair to sell I would be surprised if he mentioned that feature!!

Summary - if it has a smaller woofer it must be worse than a speaker with a bigger woofer. So a speaker with no woofer is obviously completely crap, like the KHorn for example, and therefore my Heresy with its mighty 12" woofer is far superior - LOL!!!

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (DECWARE ZTPRE with separate beefed up PSU)

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones (on loan to a friend)

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

chuck-

I agree with the rest of the folks here; this is pure hype. I have the Forte IIs and love them. My parents have a set of each I and II. I think the IIs have a bit more bass, but you CANNOT call the I's "inferior."

One small nit to pick with the I's are the binding posts in back. The hole there is very small, making it tough to get a bare thicker wire, or braided wire in there. The IIs have a slightly bigger hole and much easier for bare wire connection. Other than that, either Forte is an outstanding speaker.

I don't understand that inferior comment, myself. I first heard the Forte' in the early 80's, and that was the first time I realized how much music I was missing with the common old Fisher's.

I bought myself a pair of Forte'2's in 1992 new, and I was never more impressed with anything else that I had bought before them, that I was when I un-packed them & fired 'em up for the first time.

Those speakers are, with out a doubt, the most accurate, sweet sounding things (in that price bracket)that I've ever heard, and I've heard them all- from the Martin-Logans, to the Mcintosh's.

If A person was thinking about getting them a pair- consider my recomedation, here.

I'm Done!

------------------

Mr. Shawn P. Knight

Rt.1, Box 175-B

Peachland, NC

28133 VOICE:704/343/1501