hersey connections

Malcolm is correct...if you look to the back you should see red and black...Ialways use red for positive (hot) and black for negative (ground/negative)...if not and they are + and -, I use the + for positive and the - for negative/ground...

Bill

Audio is AC. There is no positive or negative wire. Just be consistent. If you connect the the right terminal on one speaker to the red jack on the amp, do the same thing with the other one so the two speakers are in phase.

Malcolm, I think what the OP is asking is that due to the fact that the red mark for the positive input on Heresys tends to fade over time, he's wondering which one is red and which one is black. In his case it would make a difference because even though you'd know which one is red/black from the amp you'd only have a 50/50 chance knowing which way is correct on the speakers.

Looking at pics of older Heresys it seems the right input is the 'red' input.

Absolute polarity is audible on some program material, so I would check your speakers and mark them.

A flashlight battery touched to the terminals will give forward woofer motion when the postive on the battery is on the positive of the speaker. You can then mark the terminals accordingly.

Absolute polarity is audible on some program material, so I would check your speakers and mark them.

There's nothing like the initial thwack of a drum hit to be moving the woofer away from you...They will have more authority wired correctly.

thanks for the help,person bought from painted speakers left no markings,thought might be right side,my other klipsch are that way,seems sound ok,hooked up mcintosch mc2200,other speakers rf series,thanks again for the help