best adhesive for badges on grill cloth?

msutton

one of my cornwall I badges keeps coming on and im looking for the best way to secure it back to the grill cloth. they had some 3m double sided tape things at lowes but they were like 1/4" thick which would make it appear to raised up. any suggestions here? thanks

What you are looking for is 3M 4016, 1/2" wide, 1/16" thick; unfortunately it's only sold in 36 yard rolls....

Look at http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4011-Exterior-Mounting/dp/B00004Z4BV/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1273851059&sr=1-13

I've had success with that and it's not too thick.

If you want to make sure they won't come off (until about 10-15 years from now....) use contact cement or "DUCO" cement. Key is to clean the back of the logo and lightly sand it to remove any residue from the old glue (contact cement...). Apply a bead to both the grill cloth and the back of the badge, and allow to become "tacky" for about 4-5 minutes. Use a thick "bead" of glue in the center of the logo; do not "paint" the back. Reason? The glue must be just thick enough to penetrate the surface fibers of the cloth weave to adhere well enough not to fall off over time.

Hope that helps

I have used Scotch double sided tape, thin, like regular Scotch tape but...uhh, well...double sided. [:S] You can also put two or three layers together, but it won't be thick like the other type mentioned above. This was when I have a Quartet as center, and needed to relocate the name badge. It stayed on quite a while.

I've used Scotch double-sided tape to attach a badge to one of my H2s, but it only holds the badge on for six months or so, then the badge falls off. Nothing wrong with the tape; I think the problem is that sticking it to cloth means it only adheres over a small percentage of its area, plus lots of air can get at the adhesive. It works much better on smooth surfaces.