Jubilee drawings. Whos got them?

Fast1

Talk about a loaded question... I have been doing some talking and thinking for a while and would really rather build than buy some Jubs. I realize all the bennies of buying but I more or less see it as a fun project. The wood working skills will not be a problem. I uploaded a pic of what I am doing today for the heck of it.

I want to make some personaly changes to the aesthetic portion of the Jub anyway so thought I might play around a bit. I hope I don't start a fist fight asking for drawings on a Klipsch forum but I guess, what better place to ask.... I guess I could also make a 3D model of them to if I could find a set to check out.

If this question is out of line, please feel free to delete.

post-12930-13819583990888_thumb.jpg

I had planned to purchase the top half of the Jub from klipsch along with a EXover network. That would be a 2 way design then. I guess I could also look at using the pro audio 3 way system and tune accordingly but I will have to research more on that. This project is FAR from happening any time soon. Probably over a year down the road for me. No rush really. Already have 7s for mains so it will make for a nice A B comparison some day.

I'm envious of you guys with the woodworking skills.

Have you thought about what you will do for the top half? 2-way, 3-way, horn from Klipsch, other?

You know the rules.... take pictures!

Heck, I don't have woodworking skills and my DBB hasn't turned out too bad....so far. We'll see how the paint goes.

Just buy yourself some tools and get with the program.

I had planned to purchase the top half of the Jub from klipsch along with a EXover network.

So you mean topping it off with the K402? (good choice!)

Just so you know, Klipsch doesn't provide any crossover. You'd either need to build or have built for you, a passive OR you can do what the majority are doing and go with an active.

Ask Rudy how much he detests his active now! [;)]

If you're serious about this and choose to go either way (active/passive) you would have the time between now & 'then' to nab an Electrovoice Dx38 off Ebay for at/under $700 (verses 1,200 new) or to acquire the parts to build a passive. Then you'd be plug & play when you got things done.

Klipsch will only provide the horn/driver combo

Brandon...

I'm serious on this....

You know something that I think would be COOL????

Take your skills and make a cutaway version of the Jubilee (in metal) that is maybe 6" tall or something like that. Sort of how they did the cutaway of the Klipschorn

I'd speculate it would be "a piece of cake" (hahahahahaha) with a CNC machine??

post-15072-1381958406872_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...