LEE WINS!

If I wanted to listen to Janis Joplin - I'd listen to the real Janis Joplin. Not some tatoo'd, bad-teethed, dumpy-lookin chick with no eyes when she smiles Janis wanna be. Can she sing and strum the guitar - yes. So what. She & 1000's of others out there can too. And talk about not being able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!! OMG.....the wardrobe and make up they put her through. YIKES!!! Anyhow........

Is Lee something "special"? No - not really. Plenty of folks like him out there too. However.....the reason I'm glad he won is because he is what I thought that show is supposed to be all about. Someone who is not a professional singer but just your average "Joe" who maybe sings in front of his friends/family/church/whatever and nothing more who decides to give it a shot. If you look at the background of this years top Idol folks they're either in a band or have been performing live since they were kids. He!! Crystal Bowersux started performing when she was 8 years old and has been getting paid money to perform and to support herself.

Tom

Seems like you've been watching regularlyWink

And your point is what?? Trying to increase your post count? Trying to make some kinda off-handed condescending remark? Does not watching American Idol or watching TV or even owning a TV some how make you superior or more "enlightened"? Seriously, humor me and tell me what message your post is trying to convey.

(sigh...............)

Tom

And your point is what?? Trying to increase your post count? Trying to make some kinda off-handed condescending remark? Does not watching American Idol or watching TV or even owning a TV some how make you superior or more "enlightened"? Seriously, humor me and tell me what message your post is trying to convey.

(sigh...............)

Tom

Normally I post a smiley emoticon at the end of a post when I want to make sure someone knows I'm kidding with them. You professed to not liking the show (or just maybe the contestants) but knew a lot about it, that's all. If you new me better, you'd know that being condescinding, or acting "enlightened" was not my intention.

We have a good 12-plex with all DLP projectors, and big cinema JBL (THX) sound.

While nothing can compare with film, DLP is better than poorly maintained projectors (99% out there).

DVD is nothing close to a theater.

I work nights, so I can see a show for about $4 (during the day).

It's hard to justify the expense of lower quality home video in my mind.

Yeah, but on the flip side, there is nothing like watching and enjoying a movie in the comfort of my own home as well. With some of these modern rigs, especially with blu-ray and the ilk, I've been able to get pretty darn close (and if some of my friends are to be believed, may actually surpassed) the experience at the big multi-plex. No dealing with morons talking during the movie. No dealing with idiots that don't understand the "please silence your cell phones" reminder, no dealing with somebody's kid that decides to pick the critical moment of the movie to throw a temper tantrum, and so forth and so on.

None of the movie theaters around here have $4 shows, and I live within three blocks of one and just across the highway, less than a 1/2 mile from my place, they built a very nice, brand-new Muvico. At least there, I can go into the "premier" section that allows over-21 only, but that is $15 to go see a movie. I do still need to check that out though. I'll have to go catch Iron Man 2 while it is still there.

As far as American Idol, at least there are plenty of folks that do enjoy the show (seems to get plenty of good ratings), but it was never my cup of tea. I guess I just never really saw the appeal. Would rather go to the local metal club and see live music there instead. Was pretty cool to see Cheap Trick literally in my own neighborhood (there is an outdoor concert venue less than a mile from my place). To be honost, I really did not realize that it was on again, or at least that was the finals that night. I guess it shows how much I really pay attention to mainstream pop-culture these days. [:$].