LEE WINS!

Old Joe looked a little rough, huh?

Who is Lee? Why, he is the American Idol winner for this year but I personally thought Crystal out sang the guy every which a way.

I also predict she is gonna sell a boat load of records.

Who is Lee? Why, he is the American Idol winner for this year but I personally thought Crystal out sang the guy every which a way.

He needs the confidence so why not vote for him... She radiates confidence and will go far if she wants to. So who on here voted???

All "Reality shows"...........should be scrapped................Wink

That's great Bill. Of course American Idol is not a reality show, is it?

My mom had an interesting perspective. She said that the tatoo across Crystal's back and the lip pearcing cost her the win. Suggesting America is too conservative for all that.

He needs the confidence so why not vote for him... She radiates confidence and will go far if she wants to. So who on here voted???

I voted for Lee. Crystal was good also, it could have gone either way and I would have been happy. The talent pool was pretty deep this year. However, I'm not likely to buy any of their records, or any other Idol record so far. I buy popular music but it's usually the least popular music that I like.

Thanx, Russ

If I wanted to listen to Janis Joplin - I'd listen to the real Janis Joplin. Not some tatoo'd, bad-teethed, dumpy-lookin chick with no eyes when she smiles Janis wanna be. Can she sing and strum the guitar - yes. So what. She & 1000's of others out there can too. And talk about not being able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!! OMG.....the wardrobe and make up they put her through. YIKES!!! Anyhow........

Is Lee something "special"? No - not really. Plenty of folks like him out there too. However.....the reason I'm glad he won is because he is what I thought that show is supposed to be all about. Someone who is not a professional singer but just your average "Joe" who maybe sings in front of his friends/family/church/whatever and nothing more who decides to give it a shot. If you look at the background of this years top Idol folks they're either in a band or have been performing live since they were kids. He!! Crystal Bowersux started performing when she was 8 years old and has been getting paid money to perform and to support herself.

Tom

If I wanted to listen to Janis Joplin - I'd listen to the real Janis Joplin. Not some tatoo'd, bad-teethed, dumpy-lookin chick with no eyes when she smiles Janis wanna be. Can she sing and strum the guitar - yes. So what. She & 1000's of others out there can too. And talk about not being able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!! OMG.....the wardrobe and make up they put her through. YIKES!!! Anyhow........

Is Lee something "special"? No - not really. Plenty of folks like him out there too. However.....the reason I'm glad he won is because he is what I thought that show is supposed to be all about. Someone who is not a professional singer but just your average "Joe" who maybe sings in front of his friends/family/church/whatever and nothing more who decides to give it a shot. If you look at the background of this years top Idol folks they're either in a band or have been performing live since they were kids. He!! Crystal Bowersux started performing when she was 8 years old and has been getting paid money to perform and to support herself.

Tom

Seems like you've been watching regularly[;)]

Tom

Yep, this pretty much sums up this season of American Idol. They got rid of the most interesting singers at the very beginning, which made the rest of the season a flop. And with no Simon after this season, I don't see this show having much success in the future either.

As far as experience, Lee is not exactly a newcomer to the music scene either. He already had a couple indie-label CDs before American Idol.

Who knows, maybe Crystal will come out with something decent? I thought of her as a Janis Joplin wannabe myself, but her duet with Alanis Morisette makes me think she might be able to do something more contemporary.

I do agree that her "alternative" look cost her some votes. There is no doubt in my mind.

That was on again? I guess if I ever actually turn the TV on once in awhile, I may notice... [6]

We have a good 12-plex with all DLP projectors, and big cinema JBL (THX) sound.

While nothing can compare with film, DLP is better than poorly maintained projectors (99% out there).

DVD is nothing close to a theater.

I work nights, so I can see a show for about $4 (during the day).

It's hard to justify the expense of lower quality home video in my mind.

I work nights, so I can see a show for about $4 (during the day).

Man , where do you live ? I went to a 3pm showing of Inglorious Basterds last summer and it was $9.00 . Shows before 3pm were $7.00 . This was at a local non IMAX Regal cinema with Klipsch sound .