Another Jolida convert

A cigar shop buddy of mine came over to the house today for the first time. He has Mirage speakers-Aragon pre/power amps-a rotel CD player which is giving trouble. He WAS looking to replace it with a 2500.00 player(couuld not remember the brand). He recently ordered a VPI scout turntable. I told him he should give the Jolida a listen before making the purchase.He is or should I say was not a K horn person. He has many friends with high end systems with Krell stuff and other ultra high end brands.

I started off with Mark Knoffler Golden Heart- nice average quality redbook CD. Then I put on a Roy Orbison Gold Masterdisc- Greatest hits. After the first track he looked me with this bewilldered look and said- "I have heard that song a 1000 times- one of my favorites-but I have never heard it sound like this- this is like being in a studio". The guy is a retired engineer and he is all over the Jolida like white on rice. So then we put on the same record on Vinyl. I preferred the vinyl- He preferred the Jollida CD playback. H ewas giving all of the credit to the Jolida nad the k horn mods. Honestly- I think he is overlooking the VRDs and the Peach as a critical part of the total package. He was also freaking out over the modded K horns.

We are going to haul my Jolida to his house and have a listen on his stuff. I am 99% sure he will have one on order very soon. I any case it was fun as always showing this system to an unsuspecting victim.

As he shops please have him contact Mike at HOTRODAUDIOMODS for the Jolida. He may choose elsewhere and that's cool but I couldn't be happier with the service. Bought mine several years ago and still get treated like royalty when I get cables and such or just have a question..

Thanks Mike- will def pass this along as he may well wanted a modded unit.

This is really funny as he already had another unit picked out. The Jolida blew him away. I believe the poor guy c---ped his pants when he heard the system.

He is accostomed the British solid state neutral clinical type of sound rather than the warm intoxicating character of the tubes.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I have a Jolida cd player (and integrated amp) and am considering rolling tubes for the cd player. I THINK? they have some kind of russian or sovtek tube in it now. Very happy with the sound but curious whether different tubes would be a good tweak, Any recs appreciated?