Music server program

Kriton

Ok - I have a couple of servers laying around that I have decided to tinker around with ... and I am looking for a program that can play *everything* - I have MP3's, and .flac files, and I don't to have to dick around with work arounds and codec packs to get both to play...

Well, you could try this:

http://en.jinzora.com/

Touch screen might be a bit of a stretch on Linux (which is what I would put it on). However, there is a Windows release.

If you set it up correctly at home it also enables you to have your music anywhere you can get a web browser going.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally quit building these things after about 5 since 2000 or so, as it's pointless.

Via Artigo Palm sized, 1.2ghz processor, 1080P video capability, Via 1708S audio chipset, fanless and no moving parts if you use an SSD for a system drive. Add wireless N and a remote NAS or file server, and you're all set.

All for a few hundred bucks.

Dave

I finally quit building these things after about 5 since 2000 or so, as it's pointless.

Via Artigo Palm sized, 1.2ghz processor, 1080P video capability, Via 1708S audio chipset, fanless and no moving parts if you use an SSD for a system drive. Add wireless N and a remote NAS or file server, and you're all set.

All for a few hundred bucks.

Dave

That is cool. I used one at work where I just needed a simle computer for a project. That is a great way to do it as well.

I had a spare 1U server public ip address and plenty of bandwidth so this worked out really well for me. There is also an android and iphone app.