twistedcrankcammer paid us a visit yesterday.

picky

The latest Klipsch forum visitor to our little, Small House Theater was twistedcrankcammer who happened to be up in Michigan (from Ohio) for some training yesterday and stopped by after class for a little while to check out our HT. He brought an Eagles DVD with him. It was Disk 1 of 'The Eagles - Farewell Tour - Live From Melbourne' (2005). We enjoyed about half the disk and the sound was very good. I would place it about equal to the sound quality of the Eagles, 'Hell Freezes Over' DVD. I also played a few quick demos for him such as:

• "Sandstorm" plane crash sequence from, 'Flight of the Phoenix' (2005) DVD
  • "The gunfight begins" sequence from, 'Open Range' (2004) DVD
  • (Correction:) "Under attack" cannonball attack sequence from , 'Master and Commander' (2004) DVD
  • The 4th track "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" featuring a solo by 24 year old, female bassist, Tal Wilkenfeld from, 'Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's' (2009) Blu-Ray

Roger is very knowledgable of Klipsch products, especially the commercial stage and theater product lines. He is also a huge car guy, so we had plenty to discuss in our short time together. He had plenty of questions about our room such as the soundproofing and construction. I absolutley love questions. Roger is welcome to come by our place again any time. We're glad he made an effort to contact us and visit for a while. The pleasure was all ours. Thanks for stopping by! -Glenn

Sounds like it was a fun time.

I have a question if I may... I have never seen the Master/Commander DVD. Bruce (Kriton) played the opening gun battle for me at his home. I have since seen it listed on my satellite and recorded BUT, have only seen maybe the first hour.

Here's my question.... is "The Battle begins" scene the opening scene or, is there a larger battle in the movie that I've yet to come across. I stopped watching it the other night to go to bed AND.... frankly.... the movie was moving rather slow & mundane.

I was getting a suspicion that this quiet...was the quiet before the storm....but up to my turning it off, the storm has yet to come.

Should I go back and watch it with renewed anticipation or, is the big battle already over at the beginning?

You can PM me if you feel you might ruin it for someone else.

Here's my question.... is "The Battle begins" scene the opening scene or, is there a larger battle in the movie that I've yet to come across. I stopped watching it the other night to go to bed AND.... frankly.... the movie was moving rather slow & mundane.

Coytee: I gave the scene the wrong name (sorry). It's actually scene #4: "Under Attack". I've corrected by post.

It is the next scene near the beginning that immediately follows scene #3 named, "A shape in the fog".

'Sound and Vision Magazine' said (in so many words) a couple of months ago that this particular scene is still one of their benchmarks approaching the epitome of best demo sequences for home theaters even though the movie is six years old. I've been using it as one of my demos for nearly five years. - Glenn

Glenn,

I enjoyed myself alot, and look forward to doing it again some time and getting to know both of you better.

Glenn likes his hot sauce, and it is a road that I have only begun to truely apreciate thanks to Kevin Harmons "Monk" sauce. (Still waiting on a bottle and a bill hint hint Kev)

Turns out Glen and I both like Chalua sauce, but he has many savory flavers on the shelf that I have yet to begin to learn about.[:P]

I just wrote a small blurb about my visit in home theatre and stumbled across this one as I was looking to put a message of apreciation in hear for Michael Colter as well.

Hope I can come again in the not so distant future again. [Y]

As a side note to Winchester, stopped at Wallyworld tonight and bought two boxes of 9mm for my mom to practice with. She just qualified for her CCA last Thursday and Friday at 73 years old. She has always been terrified of guns because her brother was a sleep walker and pulled a revolver on his parents in his sleep when they came home from vacation a day and a half early. There has been a rash of roberies in the area of her new home in the last year. 4 last week alone, and 1 was 4 houses from her cabin and she is 0.4 miles off the road in a 15 acre woods, so the training begins.

Thanks again to Glenn and Verna for having me over. [:)]

Roger