Bookshelf Perspective

flatgrass

In my dealings to find the right set of bookshelf speakers, I have probably gone a bit overboard. But I thought some might like a side by side look at some of the favorites out there. I am still evaluating, as all have their own pros/cons. I couldn't fit the KBS1.1 set, which is in the wife's HT.

But, until you actually get them side by side, you can't quite appreciate the actual dimensions.

From left to right: KG 1; RB-5, RB-75 (Glass tops and material protect all speakers)

post-26480-13819599881294_thumb.jpg

post-26480-13819618299738_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The only one I have heard of those bookshelves is the RB-75, my daughter has some, that little KG is a cool looking little speaker, or I am just a sucker for wood boxes ?

I haven't run the KGs in a while. They have a distinct sound, but really sound better with some sub support. I have run the RB-5s and 75s without sub support. Being rear-ported, the 5s rival the 75s because I have been able to corner load them roughly 18 inches from the corners. This really helps the 5s.

This is not so crucial for the front-ported 75s. They project as much bass as the 5s without being corner loaded. But of course, not a great labrarory. I have the 75s in relatively open space right now. I moved them lower to get them closer to ear level. As you can see, the room is small, and not a great ability to properly place things. (the wife is very tolerant).

post-26480-13819599920702_thumb.jpg

post-26480-13819618341252_thumb.jpg