Emotiva Sale...OMG! Upgrade bug bites again!

mrseamus

Well,

Here we go again. I waited, but I just couldn't let it pass. I pulled the trigger on the UMC-1 and the XP-5. The way I figure it, It will only be a few hours before my wife checks her e-mail and sees the verification/receipt from Emotiva. She does enjoy watching movies, and I know she is secretly very impressed with the HT System. I have read that the emotiva amps make the RF-7's sing. I cant wait to hear them. I only hope I live long enough to hear them. My wife is going to kill me!

• Moderators

That is quite the step up and should sound great, it's ashamed you will be dead and miss out on the fun.

She might just kill you...........just tell her you just wanted to do something special for her because she deserves better sound and you were trying to surprise her..........if she buys that you are really good. [H]

I have the same combination running my home theater right now, and other than a few bugs in the UMC-1 that are being worked out, the sound is tremendous. With a little luck I will be putting them in service with some khorns later in the week, but they work very well with Reference series right now.

• Like 1

The sale ends Sunday, July 18th. Picked up an XPA-3 for my front stage. Not only am I happy with the way my front imaging has improved, but now that my Yammy only has to take care of the back surrounds, they also have benefited from the full 95 WPC and the rear imaging and dynamics have improved significantly.

Ok,

So far, Very impressed with Emotiva. Ordered the UMC-1 and the XPA-5 last Sunday. It arrived on Wednesday!! (3 Business days).

I let them sit in the shipping boxes for a day, then I had to open the boxes and at least pull out the owners manuals. The plan was to pull out the Pioneer and convert the HT system on Saturday (Yesterday). I unpacked the two units from the outer boxes and moved the inner boxes to the floor in front of the HT system. Being a newbie to separate components, I forgot to order the interconnects!! (Damn....Back to the Emotiva website. Ordered the interconnects yesterday, so hopefully they will arrive early next week.

So the wife goes to the beach yesterday and comes home and says " when are you hooking up the new system?". She says she wants the boxes off the floor, but secretly, I know she can't wait to hear it.

Although the existing system sounds very good with the Pionner, I am encouraged by the responses received so far validating the improvement that I can expect from the Emo gear. Only thing left to purchase now will be a 2-channel amp for the rear surrounds (7.1). If I had spent the extra $719 on the XPA-2, I definitely would be a "dead man" by now. Happy, but dead. I only hope someone will be interested in the old gear that has found it's way to my closet to offset some of this expense. Hey, perhaps I could work out a trade for the XPA-2.

Anyway, I will let you all know when I get everything connected and running. I can't wait!

The UPA-2 will work perfectly as an amp for your rear surrounds. If you reserve one today you can get it for $269 shipped. I would seriously consider doing that. I don't think you'd get the urge to upgrade your amp for your rear surrounds from the UPA-2 to the XPA-2. Not really worth it in my opinion.

Wuzzer,

Thats exactly what I was thinking. UPA $269 new from Emotiva or do I hold out and try to find an XPA-2 or even a XPA-3 used. I think there is one now for $400. I guess it doesn't make sense to purchase a 3 channel amp and only use 2 channels to get more wpc.