Khorns as rear surrounds?

timyoung

I purchased a set of beat up 1988 Walnut Khorns a few months back. I don't think they had been oiled since new in 1988. Gradually I have been bringing them back to life. The topcap on one had been burned by a candle. Leaving about a 6" round burn spot. Noah graciously sent me one he had. I replaced the grill cloth below the top cap. Greg Roberts sent me some cloth to fix that. Big thanks to both of them! Plus lots of hours oiling them. One of the k77 tweeters was blown. I replaced the tweeters with a new set of Bob Crites CT125's. I still have a few more hours of oiling to do. But they are looking pretty nice. Initially is was just a nice project for me to spend in my free time. Take somethng old and make it look like new again. Then let someone else enjoy the khorns. After listening to them for the past few months, I'm not so sure I'm not the person that should enjoy them. Night and day difference in the khorns and my Heresy's. The challenge I have is the only corners I have available in my living room are where my rear heresy's are now. Would khorns as rear speakers be good or bad thing? Thank you, Tim

Would khorns as rear speakers be good or bad thing?

Khorns in appropriate corners are rarely a bad thing. What are your mains? (the Heresy's??)

If so, that might make it kind of awkward....but I suppose you could adjust for that in your electronics??

If your mains are something like the Heresy, you might find yourself gravitating towards turning yourself around more & more [Y]

Would khorns as rear speakers be good or bad thing?

Khorns in appropriate corners are rarely a bad thing. What are your mains? (the Heresy's??)

If so, that might make it kind of awkward....but I suppose you could adjust for that in your electronics??

If your mains are something like the Heresy, you might find yourself gravitating towards turning yourself around more & more Yes

My .02:

I love my Heresies.... They are the best speakers I have ever owned.

That being said........

If I had K Horns, I would rearrange my whole living room to get them cornered properly; AND as my mains.....

Again... MY .02........

Good Luck.

I say get a comfortable rolling swivel chair and hook your Khorns up to a vintage Marantz receiver and spin around toward them and enjoy. Put your Heresy's on top of the Khorns and you can still enjoy 5.1.[Y]

Many forum members have 2 channel setups in the same room as there main system, who says you have to face the same direction.

Bill