Thinking of buying the RC-64 and 2 RF-82s

elementfbl114

Hey, I just recently started looking at high end speakers and came across the almighty Klipsch.Im looking at RC-64 and 2 RF-82s from Vanns and wanted to see what you guys thought about the price I got them to. The current offer is1619, which includes shipping for all three and all are new. Does that sound pretty good or do you guys think I can get them lower or any other suggestions would be great! Thanks guys!

Also, I just bought a Onkyo RC-260 (didn't even think about upgrading the speakers a few weeks ago when I bought it...)

Thanks again

Cool. I'm thinking of just ordering it... I hope the rf 82 sounds ok with the rc64... Im going to keep the onkyo surrounds for now until I can afford to get the rest.... I'm a little nervous because I actually haven't listened to either of the speakers yet. All of the audio places are out of business around here and it leaves me with best buy. Which only had klipsch cheap surround package hooked up and the lower end icons which they had all hooked up to a stereo playing a semi static fm station with a little music coming through... It was the best static i have ever heard in my life though!

Cool. I'm thinking of just ordering it... I hope the rf 82 sounds ok with the rc64... Im going to keep the onkyo surrounds for now until I can afford to get the rest.... I'm a little nervous because I actually haven't listened to either of the speakers yet. All of the audio places are out of business around here and it leaves me with best buy. Which only had klipsch cheap surround package hooked up and the lower end icons which they had all hooked up to a stereo playing a semi static fm station with a little music coming through... It was the best static i have ever heard in my life though!

You'll be fine..... the 64 is a step up from the 82's...but that's OK. You'll love it!! Don't sweat replacing the surrounds yet......

All in time!! ...take one step at a time. For now, you're taking 2 big steps!! The 82's and 64.....big upgrade...

Thanks for all of your guys input. I ended up ordering it thursday! And it looks like it will be here Tuesday... I really want to skip work[:)]

I'm pretty sure Im also picking up a pair of rs-3s for 100 for part of my surround. It's hard to find anything out about them but I heard they can fill up aroom pretty well by themselves... I was looking into some rb-61s, but I couldn't talk down the guy from 375 used, I have found similar prices new so im going to pass. Eventually I would like to get 4 rs-62s for the surrounds but im a little low on money.

They all sound amazing [:D] The rc-64 easily sounded fuller than my previous left, right, and center combined. I can't comment on the difference from the rc-62 to 64 but everyone said I would want to upgrade down the road so I just skipped a step! Just make sure you have room for the beast. I really couldn't believe the size when I got it, but it's definately worth it.

So do you have82s? I wanted 83s but I could justify the 2 grand extra...yet