2 channel subwoofer

kadame2009

how deep is 2 ch audio ? i understand HT has sound effects down in 20Hz realm, but, what about everyday 2 channel music. if you look at pro subwoofers, most of them fall off the cliff at 40Hz. so i am thinking music must be in that 40 area. would radio shack db meter measure frequency too ?

Unles you're listening to rap and other music with heavily synthesized bass, 40Hz is a decent low end for strictly music. Most Klipsch floorstanding speakers have useable output to the low 30Hz range and many people have two channel setups without a subwoofer for this very reason.

can't say i listen to "organ" music. when i am in the mood, i sometimes tune in WRR FM101.1, which is DFW's local classical station. most of the music i listen to is rock and alternative rock.....tool, seether, chevelle, 30 seconds to mars. some R&B and some classic rock.

found a pair of KP-4000-C on CL and picked them up today. they have been in a garage for the past 4 years and very dirty, still have them in the garage until i can clean them up. but, i have run some prelim tests using my sansui 6060, with the subs hooked-up to the "B" speaker outputs. and considering my crude set-up in the garage, the low end is just insane. can't imagine using preamp outs with a crown or peavy amp, with a crossover adjustment, proper cables, and just the right placement.....