Record cleaning - how? what? how often? ....

maxg

No I don't use "The last record cleaner". there for I didn't comment. I bet that the same is true for others. But hey who knows. Also the HF-81 subject died and was put to rest thank god !!!!

This message has been edited by NOS440 on 04-04-2002 at 10:45 AM

Craig- I meant no disrespect towards you, either. I don't want to sound like a whiney kid, just thought folks were seeing me as "the boy who cried wolf " (always makin' fun, not serious), and my legitimate questions weren't seen as such. Maybe I need some sort of code or warning preceeding my serious posts.

fini

Years ago I found a collection of old 45's that were essentially un-playable until I used the cleaning system from Old Colony Sound Labs. After using the cleaner, most of the records were almost like new. It works like a facial. It also makes the records less subject to static charge, i.e., they tend to stay clean longer.

There are other things at the Old Colony site that would interest most visitors to this forum, especially the DIY types. Lest you wonder, I do not have any connection with Old Colony Sound Labs, other than being a satisfied customer. The address is:

http://www.audioxpress.com/bksprods/kits/km-9.htm

Texti.e.

I've used the Last Preservative but not the Cleaning System. Since I now have a record cleaning machine I see no need for it. A clean record not only makes the whole experience enjoyable, but also lessens wear and tear on the stylus and record. I generally clean used albums three or four times before they go on my table. New albums should be cleaned at least once. A quality carbon fibre brush is a must also. If you want the whole nine yards get a stylus cleaner and stylus treatment.

------------------

Jim

To add, do static guns "really" work, just got back into hard plastic myself(departed in 89). Using the ole brush method inner to outer with my Marantz 6200 turntable.

So what is the best way to clean an LP?

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 04-15-2002 at 12:02 AM