Thank you, Groomlakearea51

fini

I've been considering making a pair of Heresy grills, using some "recycled" cane cloth (from a Fisher console). I thought, who better to ask for advice than Marshall (forum name Groomlakearea51)? Well, not only did I get the advice I needed, but a link to a thread (I'd never read before) in which he outlined, in exquisite detail, the entire process of re-grilling Cornwalls and Heresys, and also teaches how to make the tools needed to get excellent, professional results!

Marshall is the guy who gathered together all the info on Heritage speaker types and variations, not an easy task. That information is so useful, it is bookmarked and refered to by folks here, and even used by Klipsch in their FAQs section. When a new member asks a question about his newly acquired speakers, Marshall's work is oft times quoted.

A newbie here might think that Marshall is paid by Klipsch to do this research, and provide such detailed information. He is not (at least I don't think he is...[;)]). I've been posting here for over 10 years, and I've never run across a member so willing to help others, all the time keeping a great sense of humor, never insulting anyone (even those of us who deserve it [;)]), and getting back to people at lightning speed. This is not to say that others here are not extremely helpful, but Marshall, IMHO, stands high on the list as a shining example.

I guess I just wanted to publicly thank Marshall for everything he's done for me, and the Klipsch Community. He's a gem!

I guess I just wanted to publicly thank Marshall for everything he's done for me, and the Klipsch Community. He's a gem!

I agree wholeheartedly. He's helped me more than once, without my asking. I've actually had the pleasure (albeit briefly) to meet Marshall. He's just as much of a hoot in person as he is online.

• Moderators

I agree wholeheartedly. He's helped me more than once, without my asking. I've actually had the pleasure (albeit briefly) to meet Marshall. He's just as much of a hoot in person as he is online.

I agree 100%, he has done things for us that will take us a long time to try to repay.

I would normally not say this because I wouldn't want to upset him but people need to know how he really is.

He once heard we were looking for speakers for my grandsons bedroom, on his next trip here he gave him a perfect set of Oak Heresy ll's. On his next trip here he brought a new receiver for my grandson and for my wife's sewing room.

He just did it, that's how he is, I will in some way return the favor.

I have to say because of him I now like Sam Adams beer and little cigars. [:D]

Very smart and a really fun guy to be around, it's a good thing we don't live closer, I'm sure I would be in trouble much more often ! [;)]