Pics of my new budget setup.

JCole

jon: Thanks. I know exactly what you mean! That's why when I planned to build our theater, I made sure I addressed that issue because I went through it too for many years. The built-in rack-method makes all of the difference in the world! -Glenn

Below is the view of the front-side of the rack (door open) in the rear wall of our theater...

post-10177-1381961751254_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381962134918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats pretty impressive cable organization. I think you convinced me to get a rack when I build my second system. I was looking at the AVRak stuff since they're already assembled. I probably won't be able to do built in. Will probably have to do a stand alone rack but thats one thing thats a feature. Built in cable runs so you can organize everything. Having everything organized has to make life a lot easier for you and for the equipment. I know airflow behind all of that stuff is great.

The rack is a Mid-Atlantic 19" x 6 1/2 ft tall x 25" deep with smoke Plexiglas door & 10" cooling fan (top-mounted) w/Thermostat. The rack can be either built-in as I have done, or it may be used free-standing. It was shipped assembed and the door was shipped separately. The airflow through the top of this rack is excellent. I have the fan on a speed control to slow it down, making it more quiet and to decrease the large airflow it is capable of. I have the thermostat set at 99 degrees, so the inside of the rack stays below 100 degrees at all times.There are many cable management accessories available for this rack. -Glenn

• 1 month later...
I've decided that to hide the wiring I'm going to put a false front wall behind the sub but infront of the wires. I'll cut out a cardboard piece. Fit it then make a cheap plywood insert, paint it to match the wall and then tuck the wiring behind. I'll hold it in place with some Velcro tabs.

was just curious, if you ever made the "false wall" and if so how did it turn out??

~ross

I've decided that to hide the wiring I'm going to put a false front wall behind the sub but infront of the wires. I'll cut out a cardboard piece. Fit it then make a cheap plywood insert, paint it to match the wall and then tuck the wiring behind. I'll hold it in place with some Velcro tabs.

was just curious, if you ever made the "false wall" and if so how did it turn out??

~ross

Not yet. Been way too busy with work etc. Now that work is slower I'll have some time to do it over the next couple weeks. I'll make sure to post pics.