Bestbuy not carrying klipsch in magnolia

SuBXeRo

I went into bestbuy magnolia the other day, no more icon W in the magnolia theater. I talked to the guy there and they now carry a lower end B@W speaker selection and i guess energy took over where klipsch was. The guy said that they sold tons of the Icon W series so I find it kind of odd that klipsch would take it out of best buys and make it a less obtainable product. You figure most people wouldn't seek out the high end store for fear of being raped on price. Best buy is so much more common and they bank on people just strolling in.

So they're not carrying any Klipsch speakers in Magnolia or did they just stop carrying the icon series? I know the one here used to carry the Reference series but I haven't been in a Magnolia store in so long I don't know what they carry anymore. It is odd though if it was selling as good as the employee said....unless it wasn't selling that good everywhere else? Hopefully they didn't pull ALL of their speakers from magnolia and if they did hopefully its only a temporary thing. I just checked bestbuy.com and they don't even have a huge selection of Klipsch speakers online anymore. They have a couple of Icon bookshelf and a couple of Icon floorstanders, 1 Icon center and 1 RC-52 center which says available in store only. The RC-52 is the only speaker that bears the Magnolia name though so maybe the Icons were selling so well that they decided to move them to the regular audio rooms in the non-Magnolia best buys since the Magnolias are sorta rare anyway since they're strictly high end.....

I went into bestbuy magnolia the other day, no more icon W in the magnolia theater. I talked to the guy there and they now carry a lower end B@W speaker selection and i guess energy took over where klipsch was. The guy said that they sold tons of the Icon W series so I find it kind of odd that klipsch would take it out of best buys and make it a less obtainable product. You figure most people wouldn't seek out the high end store for fear of being raped on price. Best buy is so much more common and they bank on people just strolling in.

SuBXeRo: I don't know if you are aware of it but, Klipsch Group now owns Energy speakers. - Glenn

O yeah, i read about that a while ago, they own jamo, mirage and energy. Klipsch is veru unique in that everything is based on horn tweeters, most brands for home speakers don't have horns so its disappointing that its not an option at BB anymore. Energy is very good but i like klipsch much more.

so i just stopped in BB just to see what they have in the speaker room, and i decided to play with the higher end of the B&W book shelfs they had... I was not, i repeat NOT impressed, at all, what so ever. i was surprised how easily they distorted and cracked, i wonder if they had been abused or if thats how they really are. in any case not carrying klipsch is their loss, the price point on B&Ws are in my opinion to high for BB, even though they have more expensive speakers there, they just don't stack up.

I would like to Hear from the Klipsch Corporate Hqs about this . Was this a decision from Klipsch, or did BB not renew the contract. This to me is a Major marketing loss for Klipsch because so many people visit there just to try out and physically see the Klipsch products..........................

The ICON W was perfect for best buy because of the wife acceptance factor, those speakers fit the main stream world, realtively small foot prints, beauitful exteriors, i wish all klipsch speakers came like that. If i ever buy brand new speakers, itll be direct from klipsch, reference series, and in that dark espresso from the icon w line. Klipsch isnt out completely trechnically since they still have energy in there, which is a good thing, i suppose they are trying to build that up some more. It all could be to have expsoure to grow the brands, the next up might be JAMO after energy.

My dad is a B&W fan, he has speakers that are like 25 years old and still going, he's replaced some drivers already after blowing them. They are def the old style with some of the older faux wood veneer going on. They sound good and can really cranks, easy to dj a party off of, speaking from experience of course. None the less, the horns get me everytime and I want to stay with klipsch because of it.

Good point Sub......................Klipsch is probably just Building up the Energy line. This makes sense and also exposes folks to Klipsch from another venue or angle..................

Myself, I like the Jamo and Energy lines also.............nice alternative for those who want something, other than a Horn speaker.....

• Moderators

The Energy brand is a better overall fit for the Best Buy model, while Klipsch higher-end does well at specialty retailers. We are planning to keep the Icon V line on the main floor at BB for our "entry level" speakers.

The Energy brand is a better overall fit for the Best Buy model, while Klipsch higher-end does well at specialty retailers. We are planning to keep the Icon V line on the main floor at BB for our "entry level" speakers.

Makes sense. What about HHGreg Amy? Are you guys going to follow the same marketing concept with them or are you going to let the Synergy line be the entry level for them? I was just wondering because I don't know if you would consider HHGreg a specialty retailer. They're sorta like Best Buy minus the media area of CDs and DVDs. Just curious just because HHGreg has never carried the "higher end" just the synergy series. Thanks