klipsch and outlaw

krew

Does anybody use an outlaw amp with their Klipsch speakers? I have read that the Outlaw amps are bright and are not a good match for Klipsch. I have been thinking of ordering the Outlaw 950/770 combo. I have the klf30's for front and lascalas for rears. Thanks

Good question but the 950 and 770s are just being delivered so you might not get a reply. I understand there is a long waiting list.

I use the Outlaw 1050 receiver with both my Klipsch Heritage and my Klipsch LCR THX Home Theater systems and they are not too bright IMO.

I am on the waiting list for the 950 and 770 but don't think I'll take them ... they are a great buy but I don't need that much power and I really am quite happy with the 1050s.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

The outlaw is so nice sound dog has 2!

I also have the outlaw 1050, its not at all to bright!

So far out of 24 recievers its the best sounding!

The only reciever i kept is my pioneer sx 950, its packed away!

Also the outlaw 1050 is 6.1!

Outlaw 1050

Cornwall front

Cornwall front

Pyramid PA 1000 outboard amp (fronts)

Academy center

KLF-C7 rear center

RS3-2s rear

Zenith DVD

Harman Kardon 7325 cd player

RP-3 modified 12 inch JBL, and 12 inch JBL passive radiator.

Regards Jim

hey jim, we just sped by idaho springs to/from some great skiing at keystone & vail. would have stopped by but was in a hurry to get home on that longgg trek from there to KC on I-70.

did stop at the "cafe prague" in georgetown for lunch. didn't see the famous & now recalled mayor kolleen though. ;(

is downtown idaho springs off I-70 some or right along the road?

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Krew, I am using an Outlaw 750 with my Klipsch Cornwall II as mains in my HT.

Some have said that this combo is "bright" or "harsh" - I think this depends on your taste and what other components are in the chain. I like to think of the Outlaw amp as "true and factual" - it does not hide anything, it amplifies whatever you put through it without coloration - warts and all.

If you have heard the ATI amps (or can demo one somewhere) - they are "brothers" so to speak - similar electronics, built in the same factory. This will give you somewhat of a demo, if you can find one of these.

Parasound, Denon, and B&K are some amps which are thought of as "warm" - which some prefer with the Klipsch. If the Outlaw is not to your liking, you may consider one of these.

A clean preamp will go a long way towards the sound you get - and the 950's initial reviews are stellar in terms of it's sound quality. I highly recommend this choice - I think that the 950/770 combo will have far better sonics than has ever been seen before at this combined price (about $2100 plus shipping) - an excellent deal for separates. Even if you buy another brand of amp, look closely at the 950 - there's a reason for the two month wait for orders. The 950 will break the price/performance barrier for HT preamps, to be sure. If you want a 950, get on the waiting list NOW - even if you are not sure. Outlaw will not charge you for it until it is ready for delivery - and you can simply decide not to buy it. They will not take your credit card info until it is ready to ship, so the reservation is "no obligation to buy".

Outlaw does allow for a 30 day return/refund policy if you don't like the gear. All you would be out is the shipping. Outlaw's customer service is excellent too - they are genuinely concerned about customer satisfaction.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

Thanks for the replies. Craig, when I bought the lascalas, it was my intention of putting them up front. When I got them home I realized they were a bit too wide for the front.I don't have a theater room. I got my klf30's off ebay brand new in box for 501.00. The guy had just bought them when his wife announced she wanted a divorce. His brother put them on ebay under wrong heading so no one bid on them. He even delivered them!! Best deal I have ever got. Mike

Krew,

I'm using an Outlaw 750 as well. I agree with dndphishin's comment "I like to think of the Outlaw amp as "true and factual" - it does not hide anything, it amplifies whatever you put through it without coloration - warts and all. "

I'm very fond of mine and have used it with the RF-3 Series, Belles, Cornwalls, Quartets, Heresies and Academy's. Have never been disappointed with its performance for music or HT. I have only used my NAD T761 receiver as an output source. Have used Sony CD's/DVD and presently use a Denon DVM 3700 changer with this setup. The Outlaw 750 will remain in my HT setup well into the future.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Boa

I-70 goes right beside downtown Idaho SPRINGS, NEXT TIME YOU TRAVEL E-MAIL ME FOR MY NUMBER AND WELL HOOK UP!

Oops dam laptop!

I think your the closest on the BB!

I was also wondering where you were LOL!

Im glad you had fun, if you did, im sure!

I think your only like 280 miles out!

Regards Jim

jim, is that a straight line or does it include the curves in road? Wink.gif if you're really haulin & less road

construction, maybe 8-9 hrs.

will, do next time. probably sooner than later. my 1st time skiing the CO rockies. best i'll probably ever experience. keystone even had night skiin. just excellent!

------------------

My Home Systems Page

BOA, if I remember correctly (it's been several years) there used to be a triple pass that covered A-Basin, Breckenridge, and Keystone. It used to be $36 for all day, cheap I know. You could ski Breckenridge, A-Basin (holy cow, the altitude) and then Keystone on into the evening. One heck of a long day, but fun.

JT

------------------

Enjoy and Happy Listening!