Reference vs. Synergy

htown_ag

for deep bass it will just depend on the subwoofer you get. with my KSW-12 on my Synergy 6, i had more than enough bass.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Any Synergy or Reference will be fine, but you need a big sub for bass. DO NOT use normal speakers for bass, use a subwoofer.

Enjoy, get the best you can afford. Cup-of-Noodle is just as good as steak if you have a nice HT!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Reference all the way. Can't compare. I think even for bang-for-the buck the Ref 3's blow the Synergy line out of the water. Same for the subs, I don't care much for the KSW subs, but the RSW perform like charms. A bit on the pricey side though.

But that's just my two cents.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Since I have both the Synergy and Reference and compared both side by side here is my take on this.

If you get Synergy the best sounding speaker in the lineup is the SB-3.Great as a main,needs a solid and stable 18" stand.This done you add a set of SB-2's as rears and SC-1 for center and you have a good souning setup.Detail is quite good,coloration kept in check as long as the speakers dont stick too close to corners or walls.Again proper stands are a must.

Now the subwoofer part,I would at least get a KSW15,good inexpensive sub.If you can stretch the sub budget and get the RSW12,much more power and very high definition,no boom,just clean bass.

And the non Klipsch sub to get would be a SVS CS or

CS-Plus with the integrated amp.Keep in mind the RSW12 is plenty as it is.

No doubt the Reference series is superior in almst any way you could imagine.Better quality drivers, wiring, choice of finishes.The driver change is the most dramatic,midrange and upper detail is better.Bass has more punch and definition.Its a whole new level,for those who are used to brand name speakers.

The best price/performance combo would be built around the RF-3's,probably a RC-3 and RS-5's sourrounds.

Me I have two pairs of RF-7's,RC-7 and RF-5's(side sourrounds).No need to tell you a sub is almost an option with the RF-7's and a big power amp.

With the Reference I would at least get a RSW12,here forget a KSW sub.

I use the Synergy with my PC system and Reference in my smaller HT. Smile.gif Cant complain,Klipsch has done its homework.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

During my listening tests the RSW12 was barely adequate in conjuntion with the RF7's. I would settle for no less than the 15 and most likely would take SVS CS+ over that.

That said I have all Synergy Premiere. IF you think an RF7 has bass, try KSP400's. Bada boom. I still want RF7's (the highs are incredible) for my other room but they are far removed from a priority since I got the 400's. The wife flipped over the size of the 400's, I can't imagine her reaction to 6 RF7's. Smile.gif

I also want to see if those copper cones get more durable or if everyone continues to have them dent for no apparent reason.

------------------

Fronts - KSP 400's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Two channel - KG4's

Sub - KSW200