Heritage Back!!!

kenratboy

Yes, if you have not seen already, the Heritage is back and a NEW lable is on the page.

YES!!!

Have they made any changes to the speakers?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Looks like new models of the K77 and K-55 .... now labeled K77-F and K55-X. Wonder how they are different from previous models. Aee they reproductions of prior models made by another manufacturer or are they new designs or modified desogns? Any improvements? Note that the bass-mid crosses over at 450Hz vs 400Hz which would mean a new model crossover. Bet the prices will be higher.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

heritage is back... and cheaper than i would have thought! at $1,098 pair for the Heresy II's, I might be able to put a pair of them in the new ultimate home theater i am working on!

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id95.htm

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003470.html

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

what were the changes? any ideas? anything truly new to them?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I think the only changes are the fact that they are back!!!

I think they have slightly improved drivers in them also.

It's just nice to see them back!!!

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Agree'd -- Very good to see them back up on the website. I'm really curious about pricing. I assume that will be posted eventually, too. I also wonder how they compare/matchup sonically with recent vintage heritage.

------------------

JDM

I bet the sound will be identical or better. If they couldn't make them better or as good as the origional, they probably would have gotten rid of the Heritage. I guess higher prices is just a given.

In 1948 dollars, how much were the Klipschorns? $200/pr?

------------------

Well I'm surprised to see them back. It may well be a better speaker. Moving the crossover down from 6500 to 4500 will probably ameliorate some of the fierceness some perceive as the 4500-6500 range will probably be more widely dispersed than it was from the rapidly narrowing directivity of the K-400 horn.

Tom-

I don't know how I missed the change in the crosssover point to the tweeter. What does this mean in terms of the tweeter? How would it need to be changed from the K77V or K77M? Or are they able to go down to 4500? Also, what changes would have to be made, if any, to raise the low end crossover point from 400Hz to 450Hz?

This does kind of confirm what you have been maintaining all along.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

It will be interesting to see what any upgrade kit will include, a new tweeter, or just a different crossover for the earlier series drivers.

I think Tom and I are on the same wavelength.

The EV-35 (and therefore K-77 series) shows good response down to about 3500 Hertz.

The issue seems to have been that PWK liked using the K-400 horn and K-55 driver up as far as the combination would go. The K-55 without the horn would roll off at about 3000 Hz, at least my measurement of a similar driver on a plane wave tube showed that.

However, as Tom points out, the K-400 horn started narrowing (in the vertical plane) about there and thus there was some "gain" to balance it.

In any event, the lowering of the cross over point is going to result in the tweeter picking up more of the load.

It is tough to gauge what might be making things "fierce". If it is the midrange, this might solve the problem.

You might know that the Klipsch midrange crossover network for the mid was just a high pass. The new specs might indicate a change to a bandpass which cuts off at the high end, thus shutting down the midrange as it has not been in the past.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 04-10-2002 at 05:42 AM

Tony,

Yes, I noticed the change in finishes, too. I am wondering if perhaps the "medium oak laquer" might be a good match for oak/oil. Or would a laquer finish be too glossy?

I did see there is an "unfinished oak" available. That might be just the ticket for me. I'm gonna a cross my fingers and hope that I might be able too get a new unfinished oak belle for around the same price I was gonna pay a year ago for one in oak/oil. (Before I got the rug pulled out from under me. cwm36.gif If all I have to do is stain it to match my k-horns, I could surely find the recipe used by the factory so as to get a good match. Ya s'pose?

------------------

JDM

I hear ya' Tony...hope they come out with the OO! After seeing your K-horns and Belles in that finish, I was in love. Some of those would match up great with my Forte IIs.

BTW, the pair of OO K-horns in Wisconsin that were on Audiogon sold pretty quick. The owner had posted here about 1-2 weeks ago and gave the BB folks first shot. I would have loved to get those, but he wasn't willing to ship and I couldn't rationalize driving that far, at least right now.

My understanding is that the "Oiled" run of Belles will be limited to about a month's run. If that's a trend, all serious "OO" Klipscheads ought to check with Trey Cannon at 1 800 KLIPSCH and order appropriately! -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-11-2002 at 01:22 PM

Yup, that seems to be the case, according to Mister Cannon. Guess I'd better start buttering up the Mrs.cwm38.gif

...and checking into one of those "no interest on purchases till blah, blah, yadayada" credit card offers that we get about twenty times a week...gotta do my part to lube the wheels of the economic recovery, ya know. Shoot, it's my patriotic duty!

------------------

JDM