How are JBL speakers?

Kain

Well? Smile.gif

Anyone here compared top-of-the-line JBL to top-of-the-line Klipsch? If so, how was it? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

The Ti-K are JBL's best home speakers,by far.How do they compare to Klipsch,in one word better.Much more expensive too.

From cabinet construction to drivers the Ti-K are JBL's best,in the same category as Dynaudio Contour speakers!Imaging is beyond great,freedom from colorations both midrange and in the bass.I auditioned the Ti2KBE(bookshelf) and Ti10KBE(towers).

A must audition,may I add

If I did not have my Dynaudios I would probably have the Ti-K line.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanks.

So you are saying that JBL Ti-Ks are better than the Klipsch RF-7s?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

By the way, how do the JBL S312II and the JBL S412PII compare to the Klipsch RF-7?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

By the way, out of the JBL HT Series and the JBL Studio Series, which one is better?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Hey guys,

On a related note, I've been given to understand that theaters in the US use JBL almost exclusively. Is that so? If so , what is the Klipsch advantage? Why use Klipsch? I don't mean that question to be antagonistic, just honest.

Thanks

dbImage -

They do, but the home JBL that most people see (what can be found in Best Buy and other mass market dealers) does not bear much resemblance with the JBL professional stuff that you see in theaters. The JBL pro stuff is highly efficient, horn loaded, and will not break up at high volume. Just when our beloved Klipsch at home start straining, the JBL pro gear hits it's stride - that stuff can literally blow your eardrums out (with no distortion, I might add).

I use Klipsch Heritage (Cornwall II's) in my HT because they do an excellent job of replicating that sound in my home, at a price I can afford. They do have that "slam factor", the jump out of your seat feeling that you get in a good theater (good subs help too). In a smaller living room environment, the Klipsch are more than enough to get that full, clean volume and dynamic range I want - and for music, they are even better.

I am, in fact, experimenting with a pair of JBL pro woofer cabinets (these are the 4638's taked about in the subwoofer area). JBL pro is blowing these out over at their online tent sale - $216 per cabinet - original list $1100. Huge output for the dollars. I resorted to this to get more output to keep up with my Cornwalls - for a cheap price. These are large though, and plain black cabinets, so they are not exactly stylish, while the real wood grains of the Klipsch are decidedly more attractive.

At list, neither Klipsch or JBL are cheap - but you do get what you pay for.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

Klipsch is by far a greater value than JBL or JBL Pro.

You get a lot more bang for your $$$ from Klipsch at which ever price point.

JBL thinks theyre the BMW of the speakers and they charge you like that. Dont let these guys that stumbled on some cheap JBL gear foll you. They paid exactly what the JBL are worth and that's pennies on the dollar. LOL

I for one am sick of hearing about JBL on this BBS. Wish theyd all move to California and start there own JBL, CA, Liberal forum.

I wrote off JBL decades ago and my opinion of them will never change. Consumer or Pro-All the same. cwm8.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

A lot of stadiums use jbl's. I've never seen them use klipsch before, but then again they have the $ to buy what they want. They need speakers that can pump out high volumes. If you ever needed that much power for your house you would go deaf. I don't know that much about speakers so correct me if I'm wrong.

Forrest: Liberal and JBL? No fu*ki*g way. PERIOD! Just because a company is in California doen't mean it's lefty-liberal. They have a good base there and do not want to leave. How about Boeing? They are in the Seattle, which makes San Francisco look like Iowa, there are thousands of conservative men and woman in that company. Engineer's union aside. Forrest, don't talk out your *** about that stuff. I have lived in San Diego, LA, and the Bay Area, I know the score. The small. but powerful conservative groups in the state are what keep the state from sinking into total "left" waters.

I love JBL. They have some cheap crap products, but that keeps them in business. Anything above, or including the Studio Series is GREAT! That includes mid to hi-end por stuff. I have a buddy that works at Best Buy and can get me a pair of S38II's for $240 a pair. That is COST! If you can find them cheap online, they are a great buy.

I would chose Klipsch Reference over the Studio Series (happy Tuna?) if the cost was the same. The Studio Series is excellent, though. The pro stuff (NOT the cheap stuff) is great also.

JBL in pro: Hell yeah!!! Look at the web site, it says 80% of movie theaters (somthing like that) have JBL. There products are great. A five-year no quibble warranty is good also! JBL has just gone above the rest in pro gear. Klipsch pro gear just doesn't have the exposure.

Remember, pro's/business(wo)men want:

-CHEAP, CHEAP, and did I say CHEAP!

-Somthing reliable, with a good warranty

-Somthing with a good, solid, repuatable company backing their products

-Somthing that they can forget about and retire, to let the next guy worry about.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Remember, pro's/business(wo)men want:

-CHEAP, CHEAP, and did I say CHEAP!

-Somthing reliable, with a good warranty

-Somthing with a good, solid, repuatable company backing their products

-Somthing that they can forget about and retire, to let the next guy worry about.

That's why bose is so popular. They aren't cheap though.

KAiN64,

"So you are saying that JBL Ti-Ks are better than the Klipsch RF-7s?"

You bet I am,and with reason.The JBL TI10KBE towers belong to the elite few.Image like crazy,detail to behold,pure uncolored sound and defined tight bass.

Keep in mind the RF-7's are the best deal in full range tower speakers for HT and electronic music.If the RF-7's were not as good as they are I would never "even buy a single pair.

To beat the TI10KBE you would need the Dynaudio Contour 3.3(he he love my Dynes)and Confidence 5(whew these speakers clean house,huge power amp needed but the reward is nothing short of amazing,goosebump time LOL).

Seb,

"you can't compare the RF-7 to the Ti-K!!!

it's not AT ALL the same price range..."

Yes I can,you can compare them.You should too,just to hear what is possible in the art of speaker design at a given price point.

I did compare my Paradigm Atoms to my Dynaudio Contour 1.1 and Totem ROKK and yes and Klipsch RB-3's just for the heck of it.Why not?

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

That's why bose is so popular. They aren't cheap though.

Very true. HOWEVER: You do not see Bo$e in real concerts, movie theaters, or other pro audio apps where the people running the show are really in the know. You see Bo$e in traveling shows (freak shows...) installed in smallish venues. JBL is EVERYWHERE! Stores, with the Control/Contractor Series. The ~6 lines of mobile gear. The ~4 lines of touring gear. In MOST ALL movie theaters. Need I say more? Bose is using its home advertising to get people with a commercial app into their "pro (HA!)" products. JBL is all over pro audio magizines, bose is NOT, wonder why? It would be like having labor union adds runing in Business Week!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ken,

Damn right,B0$e is used in freak shows by freaks performing freaky DirectRepulsive sound using AcousticMe$$ bass modules.

And then after a good ole add brainwash the freaks enjoy their home B0$e systems.

cwm3.gif

A sad story it is,if I had to listen to B0$e I would cut my ears to improve the sound!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

By the way, how do the JBL S312II and the JBL S412PII compare to the Klipsch RF-7? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Hey guys,

So if I undestand you guys right, JBL "high end" stuff is better than Klispch but Klipsch is better than say, the JBL "Studio" series? I use my rf-3s exclusively for HT. What does the competition (anybody not just JBL) offer in the RF-3 price range? I'm asking because its nice to know who is in the same wieght class.

quote:

So if I undestand you guys right, JBL "high end" stuff is better than Klispch but Klipsch is better than say, the JBL "Studio" series?

I think you are right. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

I have to admit, I am bothered by how rigid and unsmooth some thingg are with my RF-3s. Example: in the movie Pulp Fiction scene 7 "Vincent" (John Travolta) is meets "Big Mans" girl to take her out. In the backround the oldie "son of a preacher man" is playing. I like this scene to test my surrounds but I'm bothered by how canned and bright the music is. I'm leaning toward Infinity............Maybe I'm using the wrong electronics