Input on KG 5.5

Big Whitey

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum and I would greatly appreciate any input.

My Current system is.

Fronts: Rf-82's

Center: RC-52

Rears: F-1's

Amp: Yamaha 6130B

2 10" subs

I am currently looking at a pair of KG 5.5's used to replace my rear speakers. I am unable to find very little information when it comes to true reviews on the speakers as they are gettin up there in age. The ones I am looking at seem to be in great shape. I have yet to be able to audition them. However, I have looked at the specs on the website and tehy do seem to be a decent speaker.

Was wondering if anyone on here could tell me how these speakers would fit in with my system, as well as what level of speaker they were considered back in the day and any pro's and con's regarding them.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

They are indeed a great speaker. I owned KG 5.2s and they could POUND.

They are not as detailed as my Heresies; but there is a tweeter upgrade available from Bob Crites.

If the price is right; I say go for it.

Inspect the woofers and surrounds closely as these are not super easy to find. (If Klipsch has them they won't exactly be cheap).

A word of caution:

They might be too good for surrounds.......

You may wind up setting these up in a dedicated 2 channel system......