Crossover...

StephenM

Good afternoon folks,

As some may have seen, I was aiming to sell my SVS PB10 NSD subwoofer. However,with offers far less than I'm interested in accepting, I'm getting much less inclined to let it go.

Unfortunately, this tends to conflict with my long term hopes and dreams for my system. I'm not necessarily opposed to having a subwoofer, as they bring obvious advantages to the system. However, I'm aiming to ditch my surround sound receiver at some point and run with a two channel receiver or integrated amplifier. Unfortunately, the SVS has no built in crossover... So I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of something reasonably affordable (say $100 or under) in the way of an external model.

it took me a few double takes to figure out what the graph was really communicating. it looks like it's trying to explain the crossover point shifts that will occur as a result of different fixed (not changing ) input impedance's . it's pretty apparent that these devices have very small value components and mainly use an in line part. basically a 1st order network. even if there were no variations due to input impedance's, going straight 1st order introduces a lot of phase shift. I'm going to guess, as a result of its size, they use shorting resistors for the low pass. It would be nice if they published an input impedance matrix which would tell you which f-mod would work with your input impedance for the xover point you want. It would be even nicer if they offered a 1st order low pass and 4th order high pass. The 47k input impedance is certainly not a power amp, but rather an integrated amp.