Rescued / warped / twisted a Bud...

oldmako

AudioHomies,

I finally managed to get a Buddy to defenestrate his ZebcoStereo and step into the enlightened state of Klipschdom. For 235 bucks, he picked up a mint pair Black Veneer of KG3.5s and an old silver faced Marantz Receiver. The speaks were a CL find and the receiver came from a church sale. He's out buying wire now.

May I inquire (ax) the assembled Braintrust a few Qs?

Will these accept banana plugs? He's entertaining the idea of moving them around for parties, get togethers, balls, orgies, mosh events, soiree's, galas, shindigs, barbeques, functions, riots, disfunctions, melees etc.

The serial numbers are still a mystery to me. Most of the info I find under search seems to pertain to the older Heritage serial numbers.

KG35VBK98390260 - 251

KG3.5, Veneer Black is about as far as I get....

Many thanks.

Congrats to your Buddy (and you for nudging him in the right direction).

I have owned KG 5.2s. They did accept bannanas; so did my KG 2.5s. I am pretty sure the 3.5s should also accept bannanas.

(My KG 3s and the KG 2s for my FatherinLaw do not).

That sticker should also tell you the date of manufacture; I believe.

Anyway.... Good Luck! Enjoy!

• Moderators

He's entertaining the idea of moving them around for parties, get togethers, balls, orgies, mosh events, soiree's, galas, shindigs, barbeques, functions, riots, disfunctions, melees etc.

I have never been accused of being part of " the assembled Braintrust " BUT I do like your friends plans ! [H]

The 3.5's were my first Klipsch speakers and they are pound for pound the best bargain in stereo. They are a bit "hot " in the upper ranges and need some taming, maybe the Crites tweets or some tubes. Depending on the Marantz receiver they should be ok.

Tell him to start them off 7 feet apart, none, or not much, toe-in and move them back in and out against the rear wall. Very room forgiving and should dial in nicely.

Oh, no blunts until they are dialed in.[:D]