Bi amping? is 8watts enough?

theluggman

At the risk of repeating MYself what is a 16r tap?

A bit rude, LM, you never asked. DJK has a good suggestion, you should follow up (politely). 16 ohm tap output. Do you have multiple outputs on your tube amp, say labelled 4 ohm, 8 ohm, and 16 ohm?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of repeating MYself what is a 16r tap?

A bit rude, LM, you never asked. DJK has a good suggestion, you should follow up (politely). 16 ohm tap output. Do you have multiple outputs on your tube amp, say labelled 4 ohm, 8 ohm, and 16 ohm?

I am very sorry I did not want to be rude whatsoever but I did ask DJK and DJK responded with some rudeness, but onward I never want to be rude my deepest apologies.

Thank you for responding with the answer though, I have yet to purchase the amp and I believe they do not have various impedance taps.

Pick up a used Rane 22 active crossover on Ebay and try it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how far 8 watts will go above 500hz. I'm running an active system with a little SEP tube amp on top 5wpc and about 50wpc SS on bottom. Been real happy with this setup for a while now.

I have a 10 wpc SET KT-88 amp running my mid's and high's. With the 105 db/1 @ 1 meter of my mid horn this can play to very high levels, I have measured in excess of 120 db at the outlet of the mid horn, at level far louder that I normally listen to. This is pared with a 175 Watt solid state for the woofer. I have had good luck with an Ashley model 1000 electronic crossover. I did a passive biamping for a short while, and found an improvement with the sound going to the active crossover system.