Crites Tweeter Measurements

I don't know what you guys are talking about. And I don't want to know.

I've never had a problem on AK; far from it.

Anyway, like I said, I will take the time to upload the original files here when I get back.

Currently in Japan, heard Everest DD66000s and assorted vintage JBL, Altec, et. al. stuff so far.

Guest David H

Currently in Japan, heard Everest DD66000s and assorted vintage JBL, Altec, et. al. stuff so far.

Sounds like a good time, how were those Everest?

Dave

You can always make your own measurements.

Not with a 16-month old running around, I can't ;)

Listen, not all here are AK bashers. I for one am extremely grateful for all of the hard work put in on the econo-wave project, and that thread is an example of forums at their best.

My problem with AK is there total intolerance of anyone like me who had done research that leads to a product that he makes. They and other narrow-minded people assume that such a person must never mention that product or the research that led to it because it represents a "sales promotion". Such people believe only a third person, who knows very little about it, may mention it on the forum. That amounts to the blind leading the blind. The very people who know a subject best get muzzled.

To make a long story short, I got accused of abusing the forum and since I found the AK forum of little value to Klipsch people anyhow, I decide to actually start abusing the forum since I was being accused of it anyhow. I decided to use the "private message" feature to directly promote my stuff to people who posted relevant questions just to see how long it lasted. "Grumpy" was actually snooping into the private messages! It "lasted" about 2 days before I was kicked off! I don't miss the place a bit! I needed that form as a sails tool as much as an Eskimo needs a refrigerator!

That little adventure, and a few like-minded members here, are the reasons behind my "signature" you see below. The Klipsch moderators are a lot more sensible!

EDIT: The signature is aimed at the "like-minded members", BTW!

AL K.

That little adventure, and a few like-minded individuals here, is the sort of thing that lead to my "signature" you see below. The Klipsch moderators are a lot more sensible!

AL K.

Yes I remember those days. Glad you came back. I always watched for your posts because it is nice to have some meat on the bones of some of the discussion around here. I don't like the group think thing.

Reminds me of why TAS is driving me crazy. It'd be nice to see some measurements that go along with their assumptions/. "Smooth response" and being neutral when having a 3-4 db rise above 3K doesn't compute. I do like to see all the new toys every month.

It would be interesting to see those tweeter plots though as usually horn mounting vs tube yields better high end. The plots showing just the driver without the horn look a lot better than with the horn.

Peter,

I assume you are talking about a plane wave tube. That only shows what the driver would do on a perfect horn. I think what happens when you combine the driver on a real horn is what counts. What off-axis testing I did on Bob's tweeter showed it was quite good enough to replace the K77. My ability to do polar plots leaves a lot to be desired, so I would like to see someone eases plots.

Al K.

I think it was a bad idea to have posted them on the AK forum. Very few people interested in Klipsch speakers will ever see them over there. As to a personal Vedanta, you are probably right. I do have one! As I think back on how the final exchanges between me and "Grumpy" went, I would have told the guy off in no uncertain terms rather then being agreeable. It still eats at my craw and it was several years ago! The bottom line over there is that they want PAID advertisers! Anyone like me who sells related stuff is EXPECTED to pay. I actually thought about doing it too. It would have been a total wast of money! The Klipsch community is HERE, not there.

Al K.

I think it was a bad idea to have posted them on the AK forum. Very few people interested in Klipsch speakers will ever see them over there. As to a personal Vedanta, you are probably right. I do have one! As I think back on how the final exchanges between me and "Grumpy" went, I would have told the guy off in no uncertain terms rather then being agreeable. It still eats at my craw and it was several years ago! The bottom line over there is that they want PAID advertisers! Anyone like me who sells related stuff is EXPECTED to pay. I actually thought about doing it too. It would have been a total wast of money! The Klipsch community is HERE, not there.

Al K.

Clearly, I am right.

I am not in a popularity contest and I don't sell stuff. So, yea, AK is a good place for measurements.

You're rude to lay that stuff on me and in my thread.

Lose the anger and move on.