My RF-3 II home theater is finally complete! 1-20-11 Pictures Update

SuBXeRo

• Moderators

OK, my Nikon D90 takes HORRIBLE video in the dark but I thought I would show you what I described above.

View the video here.

Note: The video is in AVI format so it's pretty large for a short video (39MB) so it may take a little bit to download (depending on your internet speed).

You will see the DVD Menu is in 16:9 and does not fill the width of my screen. When I hit play and after the FBI Warning, the movie does not fill the screen on the sides nor the top and bottom. I hit the Function button on my Harmony, change from 16:9 to 2.35:1 present, hit enter and the Panny works it's magic. After a few seconds, the menu pops back up and I hit return on my remote and grab my soda and popcorn and recline my seats.

Lastly, the screen and image look like they are warped...it's just because of the angle of the camera.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I have an Elite screen and I just looked on their website. They do not havea manual pulldown in 2.35:1 ratio. I didn't see one on Draper's or Carada's site either.

Looks like there are a few online vendors that make them. Here is one, but it doesn't state a price - Link2-35-1-manual-projection-screens-project

Here's a Beamax - Link

This thread suggests that Beamax makes a 120" standard pulldown screen.

Very cool. I know the reviews on some projectors said it was a hassle to adjust the pic bc part of it was off of the screen on some content. So I thought it involved a lot of manual adjustment. But you made it look so easy....thanks for proving me wrong LOL. Very cool though on a serious note.

As far as the screen goes I know you said you wanted a pull down screen reference_head. Did you want a manual pulldown or motorized? (sorry if you posted that and I missed it)

• Moderators

It's pretty straight forward with the Panny. I can't speak for other projectors.

Unfortunately, there are many more aspect ratios besides 16:9 and 2.35:1. Some are 2.40:1 and I believe even wider. So yes, there might be an occassional movie that is in an odd format that might scoot off the screen a bit but I have never noticed it.

Very cool. I know the reviews on some projectors said it was a hassle to adjust the pic bc part of it was off of the screen on some content. So I thought it involved a lot of manual adjustment. But you made it look so easy....thanks for proving me wrong LOL. Very cool though on a serious note.

As far as the screen goes I know you said you wanted a pull down screen reference_head. Did you want a manual pulldown or motorized? (sorry if you posted that and I missed it)

Motor would be nice but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker