Fatman Integrated Amps...anyone?

angusruler

WOW!!!!

CW's have a lot of ******* BASS!!!!!

first off, thanks to mike at avhifi,com....i purchased this MKII from av thru amazon at the price llisted for the older 13w model, the II has 25w p/chann.

mike was a standup guy and honored the old price, saving me a lot! the unit was packed VERY well, and i received it in 1 day.

the sound is FANTASTIC. this is my first listen to a tube hybrid, and i'm blown away!!!

also, the unit came with a usb cord, spkr wire with ends, and a short rca cable, something i'm not used to!!

WOW!!!!

CW's have a lot of ******* BASS!!!!!

first off, thanks to mike at avhifi,com....i purchased this MKII from av thru amazon at the price llisted for the older 13w model, the II has 25w p/chann.

mike was a standup guy and honored the old price, saving me a lot! the unit was packed VERY well, and i received it in 1 day.

the sound is FANTASTIC. this is my first listen to a tube hybrid, and i'm blown away!!!

also, the unit came with a usb cord, spkr wire with ends, and a short rca cable, something i'm not used to!!

Any chance you could post a video? I have Cornwalls that I need to buy an amp and pre for...currently researching what to get. I would love to hear what these amps sound like with Cornwalls.

nope to the video, sorry. i know it wouldn't translate anyway.

i've played everything from dixie dreggs, sabbath, stone sour, tragically hip, zz top, annie lenox, art of noise, etc.

and the amp has handled them no problem, and i've only cranked the amp 1/2 way. the bass literally blows my maranntz sr 5002, rated at 90w p/channel, away! my room is about 25' x 15', with a wood composite over concrete floor.

for $279 it was worth the gamble to me, and i'm glad i did. of course the longevity of the amp will be the next question.

Specifications

• Source Inputs: 1 x USB input, 1 x pair RCA input
  • Power Output: 25Wx2
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz (±1.5Db)
  • Distortion: ≤0.5%
  • Signal-To-Noise Ratio: ≥86Db
  • Input Sensitivity: 350mV
  • Input Impedance: 100KΩ
  • Output Impedance: 4Ω, 8Ω
  • Tubes Used: 6N1 x 2, 6E2 x 1
  • Power Supply: AC100~120V/50~60Hz
  • Amp Dimensions (WxHxD): 260x145x130mm
  • Dock Dimensions (WxHxD): 155x130x123mm
  • Amp Weight: 4.3KGs
  • Amp Type: Hybrid

• 3 weeks later...

*update*

had my amp hooked up to my cw's for a couple weeks now, and i love it more every listen.

we lost our tv, internet, and computer hook-up from early sat to mid day sunday, and i've bee listening to music the whole time! old aerosmith, nighthawks, annie lennox, little feat, etc., everythig sounds GREAT!

just for giggles i hooked up my heresy 1's for a listen, but the lil' fellas just can't compare to my cw's.

also, the power cord for the ipod dock sent was euro spec. called mike at av hifi, and my replacement should be here tomorrow. a mistake that shouldn't have happened, but mike handled it well......annd QUICKLY.