The Secret In Their Eyes

Rivernuggets

It's about a retired lawyer who can't stop thinking about a 20 year old case he worked on. He starts to write a book about it, and visits his old workplace to get opinions from his boss, who still works there. That's all I'm going to say. Don't want to spoil anything.

I should say, for mature audiences. It's not as violent and graphic as many fillms, but it has brief scenes.

Warning: subtitles!

I personally find that subtitles FORCE me to focus on the 'dialogue' and end up pushing me deeper into the story.

If/when I watch Das Boot, I will go out of my way to turn dubbing off and put it into subtitle mode. Now, if I could just get some subtitles for my wife so I'd be forced to better understand her.... [:^)]

I personally find that subtitles FORCE me to focus on the 'dialogue' and end up pushing me deeper into the story.

I know what you mean. When I think back upon a subtitled film, I usually forget that it has subtitles. If I watch it again, then I go, "Oh yeah, that's right!"

The blending that goes on in your head is way cool.

Now, if I could just get some subtitles for my wife...

Haha! I hear ya. My wife and I have been married long enough now that I find myself going "uh-huh, yeah". Then I realize I didn't catch anything she just said. On a good day I'll say "Could you please say that again, I wasn't listening". On a bad day, well you know.

We saw it!

I am bilingual; so the subtitles did not bother me.

Awesome flick! I find often that foreign movies are a really nice change of pace.

This movie was no exception......

Thanks again RNuggets!

Glad you liked it! I thought is was an excellent movie. Halfway through I looked to my wife and said "I like movies" in the best 8 year old toned voice I could.

It has a great balance between the main plot and sub. Same here Iron, they're a great change from so many U.S. movies. Granted there have been more than one foreign film that we go "...um, what?".

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

The blending that goes on in your head is way cool.

Now, if I could just get some subtitles for my wife...

Haha! I hear ya. My wife and I have been married long enough now that I find myself going "uh-huh, yeah". Then I realize I didn't catch anything she just said. On a good day I'll say "Could you please say that again, I wasn't listening". On a bad day, well you know.

After being married for 32 years I just laughed when I read this. [:D]