Looking for a sub

Inkabodpain

Another question. Can somebody explain what this means?

Bypassable 24 dB/Oct, continuously variable 30 - 90 Hz low pass filter
The web page says the response is 18 Hz, +/- 1 dB, so I'm confused about the filter cutting it at 30 Hz. I'm sure I just don't understand so please educate me!

A "Low Pass" filter removes everything above a set point. For example if a low pass filter is set at 60 Hz, everything above 60 Hz wil be blocked and every thing beLOW will PASS through. That's the simple explination. The filter is not a brick wall, but that's where the filtering starts.

If you don't want it to play too loud and upset your tenant, you might as well get Epik Legend. Although it's only half output of Empire, but it should extend to 18HZ and do 750w peaks which is not to be sniffed at for a cute little sealed dual 12 incher. It works quite well for HT and is beautiful for music.

Am i partial because i liked this sub enough to keep it? Who knows

Donkeys. Just checked and Legends are out of stock at Epik so that stuffs it

That Epik Legend sub was not yet available when I gt mine..... (But it still was almost $200 more)......

I was considering many subs; but a small footprint was important......

On a related note; It looks like our shootout is almost positively on; just waiting for final details from Big Cliff.....

(He is driving right now).

We will take some pics and post our thoughts in a separate thread.....

Woo Hoo!

(Cliff is a great guy; I know we will enjoy this regardless of the perceived results)........

[:D]

That Epik Legend sub was not yet available when I gt mine..... (But it still was almost $200 more)......

I was considering many subs; but a small footprint was important......

On a related note; It looks like our shootout is almost positively on; just waiting for final details from Big Cliff.....

(He is driving right now).

We will take some pics and post our thoughts in a separate thread.....

Woo Hoo!

(Cliff is a great guy; I know we will enjoy this regardless of the perceived results)........

Big Smile

I can wait until after the shoot out to buy. It sucks not having a sub but I'd rather wait and figure out what I want than rush in and regret my purchase.

In the mean time I'm trying to read up on a few different subs to narrow down which one I'll pick.

So where's the pics?

Well,

I did take some pics; but unfortunately my phone is having technical difficulties......

(I believe the SD card is corrupted).

I did start another thread on this.......

Youth; Carbon; I am sorry I am unable to produce the pics......

The subs were evenly matched...... I think we are both happy with our choices........

(I love mine; Cliff loves his).......