1 sub or 2 sub?

smokarz

You can buy Sub-12s new right now a lot of places for $250. Check dealighted.com...search for Klipsch.

that's the exact reason why i wanted to get another sub. the Sub 12 at $250 shipped is a killer deal. though, i am a little bit concern with running two different subs in the system.

my dilemma is:

1) sell the Ultra 10 (if i can), and pick up two Sub 12s

2) or wait for the Ultra 10 to go on sale around (~$250)....gonna be a LONG wait

You can buy Sub-12s new right now a lot of places for $250. Check dealighted.com...search for Klipsch.

that's the exact reason why i wanted to get another sub. the Sub 12 at $250 shipped is a killer deal. though, i am a little bit concern with running two different subs in the system.

my dilemma is:

2) or wait for the Ultra 10 to go on sale around (~$250)....gonna be a LONG wait

If your primary use is movies; get the Sub 12.......

If it is closer to 50/50; I suspect you will be dissapointed.......

Your Ultra 10 may be lacking overall ability to keep up; but the Sub 12 lacks some ability to stay accurate musically......

I know how my Ultra 12 sounds with Pro Corns (Not KHorns) and Heresies with music.......

I still grin from time to time...... [:D]

(No offense to Sub 12 owners.... just stating the facts).......

We were doing music at the gathering.......

The price increase is because they updated the cabinet styling.....

Now a mirror black finish instead of the wood grain........

Good Luck with your dilemma..... (It will work out.... Wink )

Edit: This weekend, Big Cliff and I will be having a sub shootout of sorts.......

He has a 10" HSU; versus the Emotiva U12......

It should be fun...... Big Smile

thanks...what were the crossover on the khorns? it seems that my conrns kinda overpower my Ultra 10....perhaps i need to play around a bit more with the x-overs and sub placements.

I honestly do not remember the exact settings; but I think it was 60hz or possibly 80hz......

We can report accurate info this time around....

(Cliff and I).....

my dilemma is:

The Ultra 10 is now on sale. Not the ~ 250 you were looking for but still a good deal. $329 + Free Shipping

I just recently changed from a KSW15 to 2 SW450's and it made a word of difference. It's not just louder, but the sound pressure changed drastically. I wish I would of done it sooner.

Really? Do you feel that the differnce is due to 2 subs vs. 1 or is it the change from a 15 to 10? The 450 does have high excusion drivers and I'm wondering if the difference in sound pressure you described is to your ears or to your rear. Most everyone says that 15" subs of high quality can't be equaled with 10" subs. Just wondering......

thanks for the input iron,

were you listening to music or movie at this gathering?

i wish the 10 were still on sale for $250, would pick up another.

the new prices seems a bit overvalue to me.

Smokearz,

Realize that if the cone excursion is the same, a single 15 has more surface area and hence moves more air than a pair of 10" subs. A pair of 12 inch subs has almost 3 times the surface area of a 10" sub.

I believe in buying one sub only, of the biggest and best quality you can afford. You can always upgrade later, and chances are the larger sub will also go lower. I am also a fan of buying better quality used gear than lesser quality new gear.

JMO...... Roger