Ya Know some people just dont get it ,Broken Record Symdrome

htxpert

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLSmile.gif My sides hurt!! Now I am admittedly biased, but these folks are truly Klueless. I am a member of that forum, but I think I'll leave this smelly thing alone - looks like trouble. Horns don't work for HT? Puhleeeeeze.

Especially this quote :

"how 'bout Klipsh's most famous speaker the Klipshhorn. Huge, deep horn in a very wide speaker cabinet that's designed to be placed in the corners of the room. That's about the worst speaker design there is."

I almost shot a mouthful of root beer on my monitor! Where's that little yellow pin when you need it?

I am curious about the Sound and Vision response measurements though - I wonder what's up with that? Do the Reference really measure as poorly on those graphs? I have Heritage, so I am not as familiar with the RF's although I have heard RF demos before.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 04-12-2002 at 11:09 PM

Look at the positive side: we don't have to worry about those idiots trying to ****** up all the old Klipsch stuff: legends, K-horns, lascala's, heresy's, etc...which means MORE for us!!

I personally never get involved in those "pissing contests" as it quickly becomes apparent that some guys just love to hear themselves talk. Personally I LOVE listening to my Legends make beautiful music cwm1.gif

I was a little taken aback by the looks of the Reference system response curves as published in Sound & Vision, also. Until I looked closer and saw that most of the roughness still fell within a +/- 3db window. Still, it was a rave review. Good job, Klipsch!

Another thing to consider: S&V's measuremments of loudspeaker frequency response give undo weight (IMHO) to off-axis performance. Who listens to horns 30 degrees off axis, for cryin' out loud?

------------------

JDM

What a bunch of pricks,I mean come on.The so called experts on the AVS forum are full of it.

Yes the Revels are better for music and more natural,but hey they cost way more.And the way the Jobbers describe the Klipsch sound amuses me.

If they want to play Mr High-End lets compare Dunaudio Contours to their Revels.HA HA HA

TheEAR(s) Now theears