The most inexpensive but AWESOME addition to my home theater...

superedge88

Ok...I'm needing help on how to wire up my new additions :)

I got 4 of the aura pro bass shakers and the dayton audio apa150. I keep reading different and conflicting ways of hooking them up. So i'm looking to you guys for some info. I have 2 couches and a theater style couch. My plan is to put 2 shakers in the theater couch, 1 per seat. And then each couch will have 1 shaker. I'm really confused as to how to wire them though. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the Clark, to me these feel smother, than the others that are available, the clark's being full range. I have a row of 3 seats, and 2 clark's don't need one on the middle seat. Mind you I had to turn them WAY down to watch Master and Commander, at the regular setting it was an E ticket ride.

wire each pair in series (8 ohm load per pair) and connect one pair per channel on the APA-150.

Ok...I'm needing help on how to wire up my new additions :)

I got 4 of the aura pro bass shakers and the dayton audio apa150. I keep reading different and conflicting ways of hooking them up. So i'm looking to you guys for some info. I have 2 couches and a theater style couch. My plan is to put 2 shakers in the theater couch, 1 per seat. And then each couch will have 1 shaker. I'm really confused as to how to wire them though. Thanks for the info.

Is there an advantage to bridging the amplifier? When you get the other 2 I would just add one per channel in series to show a 12 ohm load. It isn't until you would get to a 16 ohm load per set that you would be able to get the benefit of then using the amplifier in bridged mode at 8 ohms by running the two series pair in parallel together.

i was looking at the wattage of my amp and its 2x75 at 4 ohms...by wiring the shakers in series wont that drop the wattage down to about 37watts rms or right around there? is that going to be enough power to get them to shake efficiently? I'm new to wiring and ohms and series and parallel...so sorry about all the questions if they seem dumb. I read an article about series, parallel and series/parallel and i'm trying to keep it all straight.

this is the article i was reading

http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

I am using one channel for my tht subwoofer and the other for the aura pro bass shakers. The amplifier is way over kill but I decided to consolidate instead of using two separate amplifiers that one amplifier could easily do. So I am selling the jamo amplifier that I had been running the auras with in the garage section of the forum.

Yeah i looked at the specs of the behringer and thought holy crap thats a lot of power for the auras! but its nice to consolidate your components also. And I wish I had seen your Jamo before I got the Dayton amp. I would have picked it up from you.

• 2 months later...

So I finally ordered three aura bass shakers and the dayton 150 sub. Holy cow! These things are amazing. I have been having a blast going back into my movie collection and watching different scenes. It brings a whole new element to viewing. I had a little bit of trouble installing these at first. My seats didn't have anything solid that I could attach them too. I saw someone post on a different forum that they simply zip tied them to the springs on the bottom of their seats. I tried that at first and I was completely underwhelmed. The feeling was so centralized and you could easily tell where the vibrations were coming from. I wasn't happy with it at all, so I went out and bought some wood and made my own platforms. I drilled holes in the frames of the seats and attached them using bolts underneath. The experience was better this time because the feeling was spread out over the whole chair, but I was disappointed with strength. I had to really crank up the settings to get a decent shake out of them. I figured out this was because the new platform I made was basically touching the carpet. It was causing the bass shaker to fire down to the floor and it would absorb the movement. As a simple fix, I simply cut some rubber pads and put them under the legs of the chairs to raise them just enough off the floor. Now they shake the entire chair with ease. I even had to turn the settings back down a bit. The experience can't really be described, but it really is a fantastic and highly recommended addition. My wife and I couldn't stop smiling and even laughing as we watched scene after scene to test them out. These things are really going to add a whole new dimension.