Best hdtv for movies

Inkabodpain

i am also a huge fan of panasonic plasmas, so i would assume thier projectors are good as well. i can only speak on behalf of the plasmas and i have has a 75U, S1 and now a "54 vt-25 and i will tell you that for around $1600 the "50 version of my vt-25 will be hard to beat. i love it......go get it, you wont be dissapointed.

also if you are a BB shopper go get any t.v. and give it a try. you have 30 days to return it and get your full money back no q's asked. its a no brainer.

58-inch, and the S1 has a great picture, better than the newer S2. Free shipping from 6th Ave.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P58S1-58-Inch-Plasma/dp/B002IKA1S6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1295959518&sr=8-10

The vt-25's have VERY good pictures, but for that budget you will be limited to a 50-inch.

I personally would go w/ the larger screen, my eyes can't tell that much of a difference b/w the S1 and the VT-25.... but, they can easily tell the difference b/w a 50-inch and a 58-inch.

IMHO, plasma is still the way to go. The cost/benefit ratio still far exceeds LEDs.

Unless, of course, you are looking at projectors... That's a whole other ballgame.

I'm in the same process trying to decide between all the formats and I'm not ruling out DLP (I have one now that I've always been pleased with). When you consider that you can go to a 73" 3D ready DLP for under $1,500 and the picture is excellent, I think it deserves some consideration IMHO.

I've been selling tvs at best buy for years and the Panasonic vt25 is amazing. If you wanna save some money, their g20 series is the best tv for the price at about $1099 for the 50". I also love the Samsung 8000 series 3d plasma with all the free equipment that comes with it, but you have to calibrate it. The Samsung 8000 also has a anti jitter function that makes the motion similar to a 120hz lcd(which is what you are probably use to). I personally wouldn't use the jutter reduction though.