Emotiva UPA-7 Closeout Price $599

SuBXeRo

yeah....would love to go pick up but gotta pick up 3 little ones from school and go home make dinner.....

such is the life of a dad/husband.

LOL! That's me, too! I actually just pluged in the main and powered it up without and connections. I'm sure you can hear my kids from there, "Dad! We were watching the show! Get out of the way!" Gotta love 'em. Probably won't get everything rewired and reset for 3-5 days. My quest is governed by responsibility.

I figure I'll rewire everything, then update the firmware on the UMC-1, then lastly, EmoQ with the new amp and tweak away! That is if the 4 kids will let me do any of the aforementioned steps. [:P]

klipsch/audio equipment first, children/wife/dinner/house second. Have you learned nothing!

:) family always comes first

They sure do!

The ultimate challenge is to convince the family it's "their system" and then to convice them not to touch it.

My
5 year old can turn everything on, set it to the Wii input, load the
game he wants to play, and set the volume just low enough that we don't
know he did it. When I was 5, I had a hard time not losing my new mittens!

As we age, we develop a highly tuned appreciation for patience. Our priorities are still there - Klipsch/Audio - we just let the excitement build knowing that there will be a time to enjoy..... eventually.

Turns out there was a weather delay somewhere along the road, so it's not even in California yet. Nothing to do but wait.

I suppose the truth is that if this is the very worst thing that happens this weekend, I'll have had a pretty good weekend, so no big deal in the grand scheme.

Holy cripes!

Just got the gorilla hooked up 30 minutes ago. Threw in Rush - Snakes and Arrows for a 5 minute speaker test before the system was hijacked by the family. I'm at a complete loss for words! When I find them, they will all be completely positive for sure.. [:|] I think I'm in shock!

40 year old Klipsch. Magnificent!

For those of you waiting (Olorin), it's worth it.

hey guys, do you need to connect the 12v trigger wire to the receiver?

i didn't see a connection on my onkyo 805.

Your 805 has a 12v trigger above the pre-outs, unfortunately it only works for zone 2. What you want is a wall wart to plug into the switched 120v outlet and convert it to 12v.

Here is a pic of a wall wart.

wall_wart.jpg

Another suggestion if you are considering a power conditioner the Belkin Pure AV PF60 is an excellent one and has a built in wall wart type trigger which works excellent.

Here is a review and detailed info on the PF60

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?raccs&1164306802&read&3&4&

Here are a couple of pics of the PF60 one in silver and one in black

Belkin_pf60.jpg

klipsch%20020xyz.jpg

hey thank guys,

what's the point of the 12v trigger? to take the amp out of stand by mode when the receiver is switched on?

or i can just turn the amp on/off manually right?

Yes, the trigger is just to automatically turn the amp ON/OFF, it can also be turned ON/OFF manually or even just left ON.