anyone want to build JUB bass bins in MN or WIS

juniper8

Carl,,,I get that glazed look,, from photos of Shasa Grey,,,,,, We found a painting supposedly by Siegfred Reinhardt not far from here,,It was a counterfiet,,,I bought it with organization funds to get it off the market,, The" ORGANIZATION" is swift,,,punishment harsh.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Tom,

Lets be clear on the issue, What Maron is getting excited about is that fact that someone is stealing the design, and selling it on the klipsch website.

Buying a company's product used is different than stealing the design and selling the product. if you want Hertiage, it alot cases you have to buy used.

You may not like what Maron has to say, but he is correct.

Yes I bought my Khorns new,,, and on the manufacturing label The MAN himself signed them,,,I also gave away another pair of older Khorns,,no profit to me..Lets put it this way,,,,A really good craftsman can make a set of counterfiet plates...Print off a bunch of bills,Not to sprend the money on the streets,, only to deposit it in a Fed. bank. in your own account...Just to only collect the intrest,,, Its still wrong,,, I track down counterfiet artwork,,,Really good artwork of famous artist,,The canvas,brushstroaks all look really legit,,,Some of this artwork was even sold to Hitler,,A really bad guy,,Is it still wrong ?

• Moderators

Some of this artwork was even sold to Hitler,,A really bad guy,,Is it still wrong ?

Yes.................but I would approve with someone with his history.....but still wrong.

But I don't approve of building something from a company that is still in production, I did copy a Klipsch design but it has been out of production for years and I will NEVER sell them.

International law says you can make a copy of a masterpiece art work as long as its not the exact same size...And would not be considerd a counterfiet...Like a Remington statue,,,You can make it larger or smaller but not make it the same,,,There is a controversy about a set of castings from a Degas statue,,same size,,Some say its a fake,,others say Degas did them as a early study,,..after so many years its confusing,,,,I suppose a double size build of a Jubilee could be done useing dual 18" woofers,,,But how do we know, beyond the computer stage,,,If Delgado or some one else in the company didnt build a study model..Its that type of intellectual designs that later could be confusing..

Tom,

Lets be clear on the issue, What Maron is getting excited about is that fact that someone is stealing the design, and selling it on the klipsch website.

Buying a company's product used is different than stealing the design and selling the product. if you want Hertiage, it alot cases you have to buy used.

You may not like what Maron has to say, but he is correct.

Really?????? And you can explain this quote from you how?

"I'm not into cloners either...as trey said, "if you want to help, buy some new gear". Buy new gear..."

As for your comment about having to buy Heritage used......uhhhh.....have you looked at the Heritage product line? Looks like all models are there except for Belles.

Listen.....my only point is that some dude wants to build a bass horn speaker that's a non-production model FOR HIMSELF like a number of other folks have already done. And he makes an offer to folks that might be in his neck-of-the-woods to join him (I'm assuming) since he's got some woodshop lined up. Truth of the matter....he'll probably get no takers. Prove to me where he's selling the design?

Then along comes Maron with his "sky is falling" rant about how all the "sappers" are causing the Klipsch company to have to sell out and even tries to bolster his lame arguement by trying to draw a parallel to counterfeit Degas paintings. Gimme a freaking break. It's intersting how no one jumped in JWC's sh!t when he built his Jub whatevers and posted dimensions. Ohhhh.......JWC is a long time bud and distinguished member so he's off limits??? Boy, you guys crack me up. Oh - and for the record, I like JWC and have no issue with him. Would love to meet him sometime being a fellow Miss. State grad. I just like to point out the hypocracy.

Here's the facts whether you want to accept it or not. If the six or so folks that I have been able to find by searching this website have caused significant financial issues for Klipsch by building a Jub whatever you wanna call it, then Klipsch is in some deep doo doo. Personally, I doubt six "sappers" are gonna hurt Klipsch - especially since the Jubilee is not a production item - i.e. the production of the Jubilee is not factored in when doing profit & loss. If one IS built, any profit is over & above what was predicted - IOW's it's gravy. If the issue was the building of Khorn cabs or Cornwall cabs, there might be some merit. BTW.....this site is riddled with how to build's for Cornwalls and such.

And FWIW, I stand by my original post. Maron's posts, though not specifically stated, are riddled with comments that suggest that "sappers" are causing financial harm to Klipsch and taking money out of the employees pockets. To which I call BS. So let's go back to what you said Trey said, "if you want to help, buy some new gear". And that's my point. If someone is so cotton-pickin' worried about Klipsch employees being able to eat, I suggest you buy new and not used and not get wrapped around the axle about some lonely guy who can't find a date so he decides to spend his money on plywood to build a bass horn cab.

I shall leave you good folks so you may go back to fighting your windmills.

Tom

ADAMS,,, the intellectual design of the Jube is company property.. and the Pro Cinema side still has it in its catalog,,,Making copys and coming on the Company site to dump them is still wrong,,,Other companys go after infringment...RIAA went after copiers,,,Everbody cried how evil that was,,But it really hurt the artist and writers,, he could have dumped them on EBAY or sold the on the street corner I dont give a SH,,,T,,, As far as Degas,,Its still intellectual property of his (dead or alive) The collector of that art also has a right he,s getting a ligit piece of work,,,Countrys all over the world have passed laws to protect art from counterfiet,,,It s a $ 10,000 fine plus time,,if caught,,,in some countries you can STILL lose a hand... ADAMS its still wrong, no matter if you dont like it, Its still wrong..

I would like to say that I think the klipsch community is a great place and I want to thank everyone! Maron if you care so much about theft stay away from worrying about art and a few people building klipsch clone type speakers... This effects very few people!!! Or wait?......are you using fear again I belong to a group, taking food off peoples plates, I know why Mr. Klipsch sold the company, sapsuckers, how long do you think they would be in business, I diidnt hear we are running out of oil yet from you? I noticed that you haven't commented much on people doing upgrades to klipsch products or selling said such products on this forum? How silly do you think the klipsch corp. reallly is? I have a funny feeling that a cornscala sounds better than a cornwall III I dont hear any problem with this from you or klipsch on this forum! Youre reasoning is interesting.......

JUNIP,,,,, Last year worldwide,,Art moved 35 billion dollers worth of business,,,We like to make sure the collectors get a legit product..But like any business there are those not intrested in ligit trade,,,,In HONG KONG you can find copies of Audio that claime to be authentic,,but are fake,,down to the last detail,,,Then there are the hobbiest just trying to copy an old circuit ..Not making for profit,,,But somhow it gets into circulation later,, I found an amp with a SCOTT faceplate,, But it was not a true Scott..Very old,,Who did it affect?? ME,,, Running OUT of OIL???? not yet,,Ive never seen a OIL Co go out of business..They are in business to sell OIL,,,.....Klipsch is in business to sell its products. Not yours...Yes there are people making "hybrid" copys on this site..and freely dumping some on this site,,,I dont give a ratsa$$ what it sounds like,,It could sound better,,,I dont care,,BUt when the Co, puts out a newer design of a year old product,, Should the sappers elbow in ??? Hey I can do it cheaper,,HEY !!!! I,m a great wood craftsman lookie what i did to your INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ???? Your just a Sapping BULLCRAPPER,,,,and your wrong..

Was there any indication that Junip planned to sell his Jub clones? I agree wholeheartedly with stopping "sappers" from profitting off of Klipsch's intellectual property, but "profitting" is the central issue. If someone who otherwise would not purchase new from Klipsch builds a clone for his own use, would this be stealling from Klipsch's pockets?

Word Mark
JUBILEE

Goods and Services
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S:
loudspeakers
and loudspeaker cabinets

Mark Drawing Code
(1) TYPED DRAWING

Serial Number

Filing Date
March 15, 1996

Current Filing Basis
1B

Original Filing Basis
1B

Published for Opposition
November 26, 1996

Owner
(APPLICANT) WWR Technology, Inc. DBA Klipsch Professional
CORPORATION DELAWARE Post Office Box 1320 Hope ARKANSAS 71802

Attorney of Record
Trent C. Keisling

Type of Mark
TRADEMARK

Register
PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator
DEAD

Abandonment Date
August 19, 1997

Word Mark
TRACTRIX WAVE

Goods and Services
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S:
loudspeakers
and loudspeaker cabinets

Mark Drawing Code
(1) TYPED DRAWING

Serial Number

Filing Date
August 16, 1995

Current Filing Basis
1B

Original Filing Basis
1B

Owner
(APPLICANT) WWR Technology, Inc. DBA Klipsch Professional
CORPORATION DELAWARE 149 N. Industrial Park Rd. Hope ARKANSAS 71802

Attorney of Record
Stephen D. Carver

Type of Mark
TRADEMARK

Register
PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator
DEAD

Abandonment Date
August 29, 1996

PAT. NO. Title
1 D624,901 Full-Text Headphone ear tips
2 D613,726 Full-Text Headphone
3 7,686,129 Full-Text Acoustic horn having internally raised geometric shapes
4 7,681,577 Full-Text Ear tip
5 D611,929 Full-Text Headphone ear tips
6 D603,844 Full-Text Headphone
7 7,590,257 Full-Text Axially propagating horn array for a loudspeaker
8 7,529,377 Full-Text Loudspeaker with automatic calibration and room equalization
9 7,477,507 Full-Text Adjustable receiver for digital sound storage devices
10 7,275,621 Full-Text Skew horn for a loudspeaker
11 D317,450 Full-Text Loudspeaker
12 5,000,286 Full-Text Modular loudspeaker system
13 4,387,786 Full-Text Anechoic chamber arrangement
14 4,237,340 Full-Text Crossover network for optimizing efficiency and improving response of loudspeaker system
15 4,210,223 Full-Text Low frequency folded exponential horn loudspeaker apparatus with bifurcated sound path
16 D254,491 Full-Text High frequency loudspeaker
17 D253,819 Full-Text Low frequency loudspeaker
18 D253,700 Full-Text Midrange frequency loudspeaker
19 D253,699 Full-Text Loudspeaker system
20 4,138,594 Full-Text Small dimension low frequency folded exponential horn loudspeaker with unitary sound path and loudspeaker system including same