Need a sanity check on used RF-82 HT

cornfedksboy

Craigslist add near by is asking $800.00 for Two RF-82s, 1 RW-12d, 1 RC-10 (hmmm) and 2 RS-3 IIs. All are supposedly like new condition (I'm going to check it out). Anyway, I'm interested in the RF-82s and RW-12d (for double subs in my HT). I need some surrounds, and while I was really wanting some RS-52s, well these might work. I can sell the RC-10. Anyone have an issue with these at this price?

I'm planning on offering him $550. for the sub and RF-82s, but I have a feeling he won't want to try and sell the RS-3 IIs and center on their own, or should I be interested in the RS-3s? How do they work for side surrounds?

Thanks for any thoughts!

• Moderators

Definitely a good price if they are in good condition. The RS-3 II's sell for $250 - $300, the RC-10 for $100-$125, the RW-12d for $400.

$800 seller's asking price
-$250 RS-3 II's
-$100 RC-10
-$400 RW-12d
$50 you are paying for the RF-82's.

Are you in the truck yet? [:D]

Definitely a good price if they are in good condition. The RS-3 II's sell for $250 - $300, the RC-10 for $100-$125, the RW-12d for $400.

$800 seller's asking price
-$250 RS-3 II's
-$100 RC-10
-$400 RW-12d
$50 you are paying for the RF-82's.

Are you in the truck yet? Big Smile

I ran into a Craigslist deal a while back where the guy had an Academy I wanted mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. His price was good as a whole but I only wanted the Academy and he wouldn't split them up. I bought everything and sold everything except the Academy separate and came out like a bandit. Basicly a free Academy and made money on the deal. Looking at Youthman's math I'd say you're in a position to do the same thing so go for it!

FYI, I picked up the RS-35's for my sides before getting the RS-52's. They will work fine until you can find a good deal on the RS-52's

Did you pick them up yet?

I'm waiting for him to get back to me so I can arrange to pick them up. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on the center and surrounds. Have not been market watching those, so I really had no idea as to their value. I was thinking though that I might pay $800. For the sub and 82s alone depending on condition.

FYI, I picked up the RS-35's for my sides before getting the RS-52's. They will work fine until you can find a good deal on the RS-52's

Did you pick them up yet?

I'm waiting for him to get back to me so I can arrange to pick them up. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on the center and surrounds. Have not been market watching those, so I really had no idea as to their value. I was thinking though that I might pay $800. For the sub and 82s alone depending on condition.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would revive this thread. The original deal came with a 73 mitsu and a 7.1 yamy for an extra $1000.00. I didn't want to mess with hauling/storing the mitsu until I could sell it, so the seller backed out. Well he sold the mitsu and has asked if I would buy the 6 aforementioned speakers and the yamy for $900.00. I agreed and am just waiting for confirmation and pick-up arrangements. I'll let you know what receiver I get...surely it's worth $100.00!

Once my room is finished (priming and painting this next week, followed by carpet and trim the following week) I'll get to play with some cool stuff...I'll do a true a/b/c comparison of the RF-25s, RF-82s, and WF-35s prior to selling the 25s (my first pair of Klipsch [:(]). Unless the RF-82s blow the Icon Ws out of the water, the 82s will go upstairs on my RX-V1500 next to my RC-3. The WF-35s will go in the surround room as a 5.2 with 2 RW-12ds. I'll play with the RC-3s and see if I like them. The RC-10 will be sold and likely the Yamaha receiver as well. I figure if I sell the receiver, center and surrounds I ought to get $400.00-500.00 for em and maybe $250.00 more for the RF-25s. That would mean I spent $150.00-250.00 on the sub and upgraded my fronts for free!

Craigslist add near by is asking $800.00 for Two RF-82s, 1 RW-12d, 1 RC-10 (hmmm) and 2 RS-3 IIs. All are supposedly like new condition (I'm going to check it out). Anyway, I'm interested in the RF-82s and RW-12d (for double subs in my HT). I need some surrounds, and while I was really wanting some RS-52s, well these might work. I can sell the RC-10. Anyone have an issue with these at this price?

I'm planning on offering him $550. for the sub and RF-82s, but I have a feeling he won't want to try and sell the RS-3 IIs and center on their own, or should I be interested in the RS-3s? How do they work for side surrounds?

Thanks for any thoughts!

I talked to the same guy! I only wanted the 82s and the sub but he wouldnt budge.

Well, they're here! Very good condition, but not mint. Each speaker has one corner with a chip about 1/8th of an inch in diameter, so pretty darn good! The suprise receiver I got for $100.00 was a Yamaha RXV-661, so all-in-all not a bad deal. The speakers are rather large for my living room front stage, so now I've got to decide if they'll fit or if I'll have to move them downstairs to the theater and move the WF-35s up. I'll leave that up to my speaker challenge in March, and we'll see what sounds best. Unfortunately, I have NO WHERE to hook them up in the mean time as the entire basement is under construction. Storage in the spare bedroom for now, but pretty stoked!

I have a similar set up RF 82's, RC62, RS52's, RW 12d sub with a Denon 3311 and an emotiva xpa 3 amp. I paid a lot more than you did for the 82's and the sub and the combination is great. the RS52's if you can get them later add a lot to the system. I first had just the dennon receiver hooked up but I saw so many of the guys on the forum had amps I added the emotiva and the 82's sounded richer and clearer. I hope your system works out great.