who carries full reference line in chicago?

ken kaczmarz

• 1 month later...

Do the Little Guys carry the full Heritage line?

Simply Stereo does, and they do not work on commission so no pressure. Sometimes one set is missing at Simply. I went in there with a freind a few weeks ago, and they had no Heresys because the last buyer took them right from the store so they were on order. We had to settl for listening to the Cornwalls.

Do the Little Guys carry the full Heritage line?

Simply Stereo does, and they do not work on commission so no pressure. Sometimes one set is missing at Simply. I went in there with a freind a few weeks ago, and they had no Heresys because the last buyer took them right from the store so they were on order. We had to settl for listening to the Cornwalls.

I have not been to their new location in Mokena call them 708 754 8844 I think they open at 10AM today.

I am a southsider so I remember Pacific Stereo and MusicCraft for my HiFi needs back in the day.

Hotter than Mothers was a music store on one side and pinball on the other. Always fun activity in the parking lot and HiFi Hutch three blocks away in Mount Prospect.

I can put a date on it as I remember listing to the new Robin Trower bridge of sights on K-Horns and falling backwards into a rack of receivers. They loved us there I think. 1974-75?

Cliff, I have a Sansui 8080 from MusicCraft use it every day at work still. I think its older than my LaScalas 1972-1974? They sure don't make stuff like that anymore.

Cliff, I have a Sansui 8080 from MusicCraft use it every day at work still. I think its older than my LaScalas 1972-1974? They sure don't make stuff like that anymore.

Quote************************************

Hate to get this thread off track but I had a Kenwood KA 7100, which bought it in the 70's from Pacific Stereo in Evergreen Park. I got it cheap because

it was a display model, just sold it last summer and it was still looking and working like new; over 30 years later.

Years ago I was at a Hi-Fi store across the streat from Oak Brook mall (I don't remember the name) anyhow I got this from the man himself:

Edit: The store might have been Stereo Studio.

img101tv.jpg

If it was on the west side of Rt 83 across from the mall it could have been "United Audio". That is where I got my Chorus IIs.

NICE BUSINESS CARD

"United Audio" was also a good store, I liked Simply Stereo better though. United got bought out by Tweeter and than that whole chain went under. Another cool store in the Chicago Area is Holm Audio. They don't carry Klipsch at all, but they have a lot of cool gear in there...

Does anyone know if the "audio consultants" are still around?

If it was on the west side of Rt 83 across from the mall it could have been "United Audio". That is where I got my Chorus IIs.

NICE BUSINESS CARD

Thanks for BigCliff, it was United Audio. They had a set of Klipschorns in the store when I went to visit Paul, unfortunately they didn't have them in corners and on top of that they were using a subwoofer with them. Fortunately Paul's entourage kept him away from the incorrectly placed Klipschorns. Simply Stereo was the first time I heard Klipschorn's installed properly.

I also was impressed with Holm Audio's unique array of audio equipment. They had one room with a massive collection of vinyl.

Does anyone remember Playback? I purchased my Pioneer SX-1980 from them back in the day.