Thought I would share my latest purchase.

clermontcop

clermentcop.

i owned this amp a couple of months ago . perhaps 77 days ago. lost it to a guy who took away saying hed pay back . he never did.

a friend told me he was auditioning it . he told me to check it online and see the looks .

i totally drooled over it . purchased it . using its preamp.

correction ...mine was a DA-A7 and DA-P7. 75 watter .

i ran a couple of cds and the sound was kinda thin to my ears . not a bassy gear .

not that it was losing detail. that it did aplenty.

it was just so thrill less and tinny at times compared to my marantz 2230 in my not so good room.

but i coupled its power amp to my other pre amps and it did the job of a great power house running the RF3s . and banging the walls aplenty, whenever demanded.

i ultimately had it out for a switching button service and its headfone socket cleanup. but there the guy hunted it off me . and robbed me .

sorry that was my story .

people using it on this forum with the heritage lineup will tell you that these mitsu amps are SLEEPERS .

thats what i got as a comment from em. but never got to understand what did that mean .

heck , anyways ....now you tell me whats a sleeper amp. and how does this gear sound in your setting ??????

people using it on this forum with the heritage lineup will tell you that these mitsu amps are SLEEPERS .

thats what i got as a comment from em. but never got to understand what did that mean .

heck , anyways ....now you tell me whats a sleeper amp. and how does this gear sound in your setting ??????

When someone says a piece of audio equipment is a sleeper, he means it's generally thought of as a better quality piece, but one that's not talked about a lot therefore does not sell for a lot of money because people don't know a lot about it. At least that's what I've always thought it meant. Like this Mitsubishi amp is not that well known but it very well constructed, performs very well, looks great and doesn't sell for a huge amount of money. Since I sold my VRD-ST45, I've been using mine with my Blueberry Extreme II and Klipschorns and it sounds great.

The sound of the Mitsubishi amps is OK, but no better than that.

The design is a nightmare to service, and service they frequently need.

They had only half the number of outputs that other amplifiers used for the same output power, and the filter caps are un-obtanium, a dual section cap with only three terminals, +, -, and ground. The speaker terminals were marginal at best, most that I see have been replaced with something different.

The preamps had problems with being intermittent, and no one could figure out why.

The tuners had frequeny drift problems.

As a complete line of product, quite possibly the highest failure rate I have ever seen.

The micro series seemed to work better than the full-sized stuff.

The sound of the Mitsubishi amps is OK, but no better than that.

The design is a nightmare to service, and service they frequently need.

They had only half the number of outputs that other amplifiers used for the same output power, and the filter caps are un-obtanium, a dual section cap with only three terminals, +, -, and ground. The speaker terminals were marginal at best, most that I see have been replaced with something different.

The preamps had problems with being intermittent, and no one could figure out why.

The tuners had frequeny drift problems.

As a complete line of product, quite possibly the highest failure rate I have ever seen.

The micro series seemed to work better than the full-sized stuff.

DJK does it again!

Way to burst someone's bubble and (try to) make them feel inferior.

Maybe that is not your goal, but you are nonetheless on the road to acheiving it.

Dude; take some communications skills classes or something.

OP;

Congrats!

The amp looks cool. If it sounds really good; go with it. If you start having constant issues; it may be a sign to begin looking elsewhere.......

I am envious......

Without a doubt. This amp is weighing in at 65 pounds. Very dynamic on the high end and a knock out punch for the lows. I am very happy with this amplifier. Plus it does look very impressive. All of the solder connections were redone, the burnish relay contacts were replaced., the bias has been reset and aligned.This amp will provide me with many years of enjoyement. Out of all the amps I have owned this makes my Chorus 1's sing like they have never sang before. I owe my thanks to Mark Spinelli from Southpaw Sports. Great guy to deal with, he just recently sent me the original owner's manual, service manual, and the receipt for the complete overhaul on the amplifier which was done by Clark Music in Syracuse N.Y. Thank you everyone for the positive comments you have all left.

"Dude; take some communications skills classes or something."

Why?

The information is accurate, and delivered in a clear and concise maner.

"We can do the innuendo

We can dance and sing

When its said and done we havent told you a thing

We all know that crap is king"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with a friend that used to work for me in the service department. I asked him if he remembered the Mitsubishi products, and he started laughing.

I have been listening to this amp for the past couple of days, the amp is powering my Chorus 1's, it's very detailed, crisp, and pronounced for the tweet's and midrange. I was listening to a cd by Poncho Sanchez called Psychedelic Blues there is alot of percussion going on in his music, everytime the splash cymbal was hit it was like I was sitting right next to the cymbal, I was very impressed with this. The low end most definetly was tight, fast, a solid punch. The amp never skipped a beat even at high listening level's. This amp has been completely refurbished and have had no issues with it at all. I was a skeptic at first since alot of times you may get something that looks good but sound's terrible but in this case not only did I get the look's I achieved the sound I was looking for also. We all have certain pieces of gear that we know we will never part with, this Mitsubishi amp has made my list of a keeper, and without a doubt a sleeper. [Y]

im glad to hear that you have a nice sounding rig now.

but dude i felt my RF3s never got their share of the low end through this amp . it wasnt the fault of the amp. i realised later as i disconnected the pre amp that mitsubishi sent with it . the DA-P7.and connected the pre amp outs of the quad 33. tha bass was there the highs were better and the overall warmth and pleasure came in .

the diatone mitsubishi pre amp is a crap. imho. very accurate and clinical but not musical enough to keep me sitting in the couch .thats just my own personal experience ,mind it .

which pre amp are you using with it .

I got that same 150 watt amp, pre, tuner, and meters at a thrift shop for 325 dollars (great thrift find) had the amp in for repair 3 times. Thought it sounded great/awsome my first real power, till i got my mcintosh mc7270 and my adcom gfa585le then i knew, played with it for 2 or 3 years then sold the mitsubishi and all its components for 300 dollars via craigslist